Thread: Your Payment Failed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Your Payment Failed

I did a search on this before checking here, but I didn't see any resolutions or any folks chiming in with similar issues.

I'm receiving a "Your Payment Failed" message, when trying to purchase more storage. I've tried with two different, known good cards. Both cards are VISAs, but both are through different agencies.

I see a response in an earlier thread, where the person asking was told to "Update his card information", but I have no card information on file to update. I input my card info, click all the right buttons, and get a "Your Payment Failed" on the final screen.

Is anyone out there having similar problems?

I'm kind of displeased with the whole mess, to say the least. I currently have a paid Dropbox account. I want to transition it to a paid UbuntuOne account, so I can support these guys. I have been trying for three days, and each day I have sent a message requesting support, through the help page, but no one has deemed it necessary to even respond, much less fix the problem

I did notice that when I sent the latest plea for help, a few minutes ago, that I got a UbuntuOne support autoresponse in my email. I didn't get one of those on Sunday or Monday's support request, so I wonder now if they are having website issues as well as payment issues. Grrr

Beans

Re: Your Payment Failed

Quote Originally Posted by electragician View Post
    I'm kind of displeased with the whole mess, to say the least. I currently have a paid Dropbox account. I want to transition it to a paid UbuntuOne account, so I can support these guys. I have been trying for three days, and each day I have sent a message requesting support, through the help page, but no one has deemed it necessary to even respond, much less fix the problem
    IMHO, I would take this as a warning that the paid service is not ready for prime time yet. If you can't even get a response from your help request emails, that isn't a good thing. When I was with SpiderOak and needed help with my account, it was only an email away and the resolution was found very quickly.

Providing timely support for a paid service is essential. I would think very heavily on giving my money to a company that couldn’t even acknowledge my pleas for assistance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Well, I heard from UbuntuOne support today. The rep was super helpful and pleasant, which goes a long way toward easing my irritation

Evidently they could find no trace of my first two support requests, which would sort of tie in with me not getting an auto-response for either of those instances. I don't know if they were having an issue with the support sytem not properly logging cases? Odd either way.

Evidently this issue has been affecting a few folks. The rep at first told me that it looked like my cards were trying to use Visa's "3D Secure/Verified by Visa" security mechanism, and they don't support that. I called my financial institutions today and verified that at least one of them does in fact use this protection method.

The rep went on to say that they were trying to get other payment methods in place, including PayPal... to which I replied I would be happier if they drove to Florida and punched me in the throat monthly, rather than ask me to use PayPal

They activated the music service for me for a few months, which was nice.

tl;dr version

If your card uses "Verified by Visa" you are, at least for the moment, not able to use that card to pay for UbuntuOne.

Hopefully this saves someone else some frustration.

Beans

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you received some feedback from your support inquiry.