Hi,

I am trying to install Ubuntu Linux on a server running MS Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

Unfortunately, after the wubi installation program downloads the files and begins installing, it shows an error message saying that it cannot find the log file wubi-11.10-rev245.log in the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp folder.

When it reports this error, it uses the 8-character-maximum versions of the folder names. Upon clicking on the OK button, the installation program disappears.

The thing is the log file is actually there. I've tried this at least 4 times now, trying different user names in the installation program's first dialog box, finally figuring out that the installation program uses the currently-logged in user name to store the temporary file and not the user name I enter in the dialog box.

The installation program also insists upon uninstalling before installing again. Then when installation begins again, it downloads the files again, which takes 1-2 hours, so this is taking a very long time.

It would be great to have Linux on this server alongside MS Windows. If I can't get wubi to work on this server, is there another way to get a dual boot Windows/Linux?

Any help would be appreciated.