Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Netgear WNDA 3100 v2 wireless adapter -- How to install?

Beans

Re: Netgear WNDA 3100 v2 wireless adapter -- How to install?

On the back of the Netgear usb is the model #, serial #, FCC #,MAC #and the ICC #. I have the Ubuntu install cd handy, and a usb flash key with me to save any info I need to. This is what came up when I did the command. Bus Device 003 and ID: 0846:9020 Netgear Inc.

Beans

On the back of the Netgear usb is the model #, serial #, FCC #,MAC #and the ICC #. I have the Ubuntu install cd handy, and a usb flash key with me to save any info I need to. This is what came up when I did the command. Bus Device 003 and ID: 0846:9020 Netgear Inc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

ID: 0846:9020 Netgear Inc.
    At last!

You need ndiswrapper and the Windows XP .inf and .sys files. Load the Ubuntu install CD in the tray of the older computer you have Ubuntu installed on and browse the files to pool > main > n > ndiswrapper. Drag and drop the two files, ndiswrapper-common and ndiswrapper-utils to your desktop. Right-click each and select Install with Ubuntu Software Center. Now download the attached file to a USB key and then to the desktop of the older computer you have Ubuntu installed on and right-click and select Extract Here. Now open a terminal Ctrl+Alt+t and do:
    Code:
    cd Desktop/wna3100drivers
    sudo ndiswrapper -i bcmwlhigh5.inf
    sudo ndiswrapper -m
    sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
    Your device should now be working.

These instructions are for a 32-bit installation, which I assume you have on an older computer. Verify:
    Code:
    arch
    A 32-bit install will return: i686. If it's 64-bit: x86_64. If you have 32-bit, please proceed; if 64-bit, stop and post back.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Just wondering if anyone has managed to the the 5GHz working on 64bit 12.10? I can get 2.4Ghz working (although it is slow) using either the bcmwlhigh5.inf or the bcmn43xx64.inf drivers and ndiswrapper, but it doesn't see the 5Ghz networks. I would really like to find some usb nic that works with linux and 5GHz networks.

thanks

ski

Beans

hello chili555 (mad props to you chili555 i wouldn't have gotten this far with out your guidance in this thread ) and everyone else here ... ok so i have installed the driver ... installed the windows driver installer ... found the adapter ... got on the router ...(10.0.0.1) got an ip address (10.0.0.15) accessed the web ( several sites including this one) but when i try to run the included torrent program or access dlna (w/rygel and the rygle config) so access media files, the adapter dies ... i have used my ps3 and an app called skifta for android and they both knock the adapter off and no date can be sent or received .... i have opened the required port 8200 and made the ip static and forwarded the ip ...i had this working via hard wire ..... i did notice in the gui adapter status info the broadcasting ip was a crazy number (10.0.0.252 something like that i'm on my win 7 partition right now ) is this what is not allowing me to stream from my computer ? it only happens when i try to play a media file on the respective player (ps3 or my android ) if there is more info you require please let me know and if this is the wrong place please direct me to where i should be asking this question ...

ok so its a router issue its set to 802.11i and not a-g but i cant find the setting for that so i just went back to wired connection .... i still want to give props to chili555 and everyone on this thread it worked tho the first post should be a compile of all the steps as i went through each page of the thread seemed like all solutions were narrowed down to ndiswrapper and the driver (32bit or 64bit)
    Last edited by koumorileo; January 19th, 2013 at 02:52 AM. Reason: props/ solved

Beans

i get
    couldn't find SourceDisksFiles section - continuing anyway...
    when trying to install
    then when I run ndiswrapper it says the driver is install and device present but I stiil dont have the wlan0 interface

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Good morning! Please try:
    Code:
    dmesg | grep ndis
    iwconfig
    I'll only be here for about another hour, so we need to crack this case!!
    FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kaprial View Post
    Let's try the easy way first:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ndiwrapper-dkms
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall ndiswrapper-common*
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall ndiswrapper-utils*
    Any improvement?
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Talking Re: Netgear WNDA 3100 v2 wireless adapter -- How to install?

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Good morning! Please try:
    Code:
    dmesg | grep ndis
    iwconfig
    I'll only be here for about another hour, so we need to crack this case!!
    Thank you guys for this forum topic!!!

After a whole week of looking for solutions this solved my problem!
    My setup:
    ASUS G75VX
    onboard WiFi available but not working in Ubuntu 12.04 amd64 bit
    Code:
    :~$ arch
    :~$ x86_64
    Bought:
    NETGEAR WNDA3100-100NAS

In UBUNTU:
    here is what I did:
    1. get synaptic
    2. install ndiswrapper
    3. install WINE
    4. reboot
    5. downloaded your second attachment [ Broadcom_bcm43xx_USB_32_64bit_v2_amended.zip ]

6. I cd into directory and:
    Code:
    sudo ndiswrapper -i bcmn43xx64.inf
    reboot and it WORKED

Beans

I'm having this issue as well - freshly installed Ubuntu 12.04 (64bit) with ndiswrapper - I have no access to the internet through the desktop I have Ubuntu installed on - only a cellular device which can post and act as a USB drive (which is how I got ndiswrapper installed).
    (Also, it looks like partial thread hijacking is ok in this forum. Moving on...)
    I have the exact same adapter (WDNA3100v2). Starting from the first posts:

lbusb states that I have an adapter with the ID 0846:9011 - I have downloaded Chili's .inf/sys that were provided on the first page of the thread.

I installed ndiswrapper-common and ndiswrapper-utils - I can't install ndisgtk without an internet connection.
    I get an error regarding python-glade2, and when I try to install that package, I get a ton of dependancy errors, so I've given up on that route.

I installed the provided .inf with ndiswrapper.
    -l gives me:

Code:
    bcmn43xx64 : driver installed
    device (0846:9011) present
    iwconfig gives me:

Code:
    eth0 no wireless extensions.

lo no wireless extensions
    dmesg | grep ndis gives me no output.

sudo modprobe ndiswrapper gives me the following error:
    Code:
    Don't know where to go from here. Tried installing the ndiswrapper-dkms as previously mentioned in the thread but I get another dependancy error.

The aforementioned computer has a Win7 partition with the working adapter that I can download packages with. I do not have WinXP installed.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast