Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Native PDF highlighting in Linux

Beans

Re: Native PDF highlighting in Linux

PGScooter: Unfortunately Mendeley does not save the annotations to the PDF. This is a longtime request of the Mendeley community:
    http://feedback.mendeley.com/forums/...-with-other-pd

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by demetriodn View Post
    PGScooter: Unfortunately Mendeley does not save the annotations to the PDF. This is a longtime request of the Mendeley community:
    http://feedback.mendeley.com/forums/...-with-other-pd
    good to know! Hopefully they implement that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi, i was reading this thread and i realize that no one mentioned Foxit, as another non native solution. It allows you to annotate, highlight, and save what you've done in the same file. Mostly any other reader will display the saved annotations without trouble.

I use foxit reader 4.2 through Wine, and it works really good, it opens like a portable app, and I had no problems adding it to the menu or making it the default reader.

I recommend to use 4.2 because newer version added unnecessary features. I think it's really good and doesn't use a lot of resources either.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by rewyllys View Post
    I have been quite happy with PDF Studio Pro, which does just about everything that Adobe Acrobat does. And it costs much less than Adobe Acrobat.

PDF Studio Pro is available in a native Linux version from
    http://www.qoppa.com/pdfstudio/index.html
    +1 for PDF Studio from Qoppa Software. A really nice PDF editor

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav Kumar View Post
    +1 for PDF Studio from Qoppa Software. A really nice PDF editor
    Yeah, allright. I can understand why you like this software:

Do you love PDF Studio and want to spread the word? For a limited time, help us promote our software and send us 3 links from PDF related websites or forums where you've recommended or reviewed PDF Studio. To thank you, we will send you a free license key for PDF Studio Pro.
    It is good, indeed. It works very well under ubuntu. I would pay 20 dolars for this, but $89 for the standard????

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by demetriodn View Post
    Yeah, allright. I can understand why you like this software:
    Hi,
    I had used it and it was working fine. I had not recommended it to get any key.

Regards,
    Abhinav

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Mendeley now allows export of PDFs with highlights and annotations. The option is found under the file menu.

Beans

Since Demetriodn has chosen to question Abhinav Kumar's honesty and mine, I should like to set the record straight concerning my recommendation of PDF Studio Pro. Here are the facts:

1. I purchased PDF Studio 7 Professional (scil., the “Pro” version) over a year ago. I did not purchase, and have not used, the “standard” version
    2. I was unaware of Qoppa's offer of an upgrade from the “standard” version to the “Pro” version before I saw Demetriodn's post #15.

Beans

Okay, now you can all uninstall wine and shut down your virtual machines... Okular supports saving annotations *and* they show in other PDF viewers.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sankeytm View Post
    Okay, now you can all uninstall wine and shut down your virtual machines... Okular supports saving annotations *and* they show in other PDF viewers.
    I've made annotations with Okular, but they don't show in other PDF viewers, only in okular. The other viewers I'm using are evince and Mendeley.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast