Thread: Video Driver 3D acceleration

Hybrid View

Beans

Exclamation Video Driver 3D acceleration

hello i have a problem with my video card, i have 2 cards onboard, and a ati radeon hd 4350. i will list my problems with *
    *i cant used ati radeon hd 4350
    *i cant use my updated driver for my onboard (nvida card) (173) i think its 173 for driver update
    * happend after i tried to make my ati card work ( by installing ati drivers and ati catalyst control panel
    * i dont know how to uninstall ati catalyst stuff, i used linux drivers, for ati catalyst
    * how can i make my ati radeon work or my nvida onboard work
    * after i try to use my onboard 173 update it says no 3D acel, and only the (recommended version) works which is the weakest, please help. to fix the 173 update or to fix my ati radeon to work, my pc is a compaq presario cq5300f Pc. if you need any additional help please ask, and email me. and post here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Video Driver 3D acceleration

Moved to Absolute Beginner Talk.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Video Driver 3D acceleration

Ok, please post the make model of your PC. I don't think there is such a thing as a PC/laptop with a dedicated ATI card and an Nvidia integrated one....Also;

1) What version of Ubuntu are you using?

2) Search for the "Additional Drivers" window. What kind of card does it say you have and what does it say is installed?