Thread: Pidgin - is this a bug or normal behaviour?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Pidgin - is this a bug or normal behaviour?

Hello, perhaps I've gone mad, but, how do I start Pidgin and send a message?

This is what I did - Dash - Pidgin - click.

It "started", it is in the launchbar, I can click on the icon in the launchbar, my message indicator says I'm online, gives the option to set me offline, invisible, away etc, but - I cannot see my friends list nor send a message. I receive them normally and after that I can continue using chat.

I cannot open the friends list no matter what I do, I cannot get it in the focus. If I decide to close the chat window, same story all over again, I need to wait for a friend to send me a message to continue using it. What is happening?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Pidgin - is this a bug or normal behaviour?

do this
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall pidgin
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Pidgin - is this a bug or normal behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by sunfromhere View Post
    Hello, perhaps I've gone mad, but, how do I start Pidgin and send a message?

This is what I did - Dash - Pidgin - click.

It "started", it is in the launchbar, I can click on the icon in the launchbar, my message indicator says I'm online, gives the option to set me offline, invisible, away etc, but - I cannot see my friends list nor send a message. I receive them normally and after that I can continue using chat.

I cannot open the friends list no matter what I do, I cannot get it in the focus. If I decide to close the chat window, same story all over again, I need to wait for a friend to send me a message to continue using it. What is happening?
    You cannot right click the icon and go to preferences? That is how I do it.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad