Thread: in wubi installer not possible to give a password match

Beans

in wubi installer not possible to give a password match

I wanted to install Ubuntu within Windows. I downloaded and burned a CD but now cannot open it beyond where it requests setting a preliminary password on the Wubi installer. It keeps saying "Password does not match", but there is no second space there for rewriting any password so that it CAN match.
    I supposed that there must have been an error on the Ubuntu CD that I burned. So I wentback and tried the option of downloading and installing from usb pen drive.
    But resulte were exactly the same. No way beyond "Password does not match" message on the Wubi ibstaller.
    So for Ubuntu I now have both a CD and a pendrive, but nothing that I can actually use!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: in wubi installer not possible to give a password match

Can you post a screenshot?

In the meanwhile, can you download this version of Wubi <http://wubi.sourceforge.net/latest.php> and replace the existing wubi.exe with this one?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

There should be two spots for password, does yours look different than this? Windows version will not affect the look of the wubi installer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

"Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."

Beans

Thanks for the replies to my problem about password setting on Wubi installer. It has now resolved.