Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SliTaZ - Unetbootin/Mutilbootusb gives me "trying to unpack rootfs image as initramfs

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: SliTaZ - Unetbootin/Mutilbootusb gives me "trying to unpack rootfs image as initr

Windows ISOs are not directly bootable, you have to install the ISO to the flash drive with Windows software.

I tried making a Windows repair flash drive, but could not get it to install correctly from Ubuntu. I was able to make a CD and use the repairCD to copy itself to a flash drive. The repair files were tiny on a large flash drive and I wanted to see if I could then install grub2 into the Windows FAT32 partition (had to make sure not to have two /boot folders). It worked and then I shrank the FAT32 partition, created another and then used grub2 to boot several other repair ISOs so on one flash drive I have Windows repair tools and Linux repair tools.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Re: SliTaZ - Unetbootin/Mutilbootusb gives me "trying to unpack rootfs image as initr

Quote Originally Posted by AlexOnVinyl View Post
    TazUSB? Is it specifically for SliTaz or other images as well?
    For SliTaz (as you'd have learned by clicking the link ).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12