Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: move windows between workspaces in compiz issue

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

move windows between workspaces in compiz issue

anyone know a fix for this
    when i move a windows from one workspace to another the mouse end up a long way away from the window (desktop recording 9.3MB)
    in the mean time i need to find out if that python script i have works with python 2.7 (completely unrelated this this)
    Last edited by pqwoerituytrueiwoq; April 21st, 2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: recording on a differnt website
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans

Re: move windows between workspaces in compiz issue

I use a 4X1 & in the past there was a disconnect between the cursor & window when dragging a window to another WS. That seemed to be fixed with the current compiz,though I use rotate instead of wall.
    (can't view your video, just downloads 177 bytes

Beans
    Distro

That is the exact issue i am having how (or better yet where) can i get the fixed version of compiz for 12.04
    guess i wont be using that file hosting site again... why did mediafire have to require accounts, it makes me sad
    compiz --version
    Compiz 0.9.7.6

version 0.8.4-5.1 works flawlessly on lmde

i don't care if i down grade compiz or upgrade it as long as it works correctly
    Last edited by pqwoerituytrueiwoq; April 21st, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server

Beans
    Distro

fixed the video link in post 1
    put it on a different site

Beans

Those sites drive me crazy - if your file is there beats me

Anyway - what do you use, wall or rotate?
    How old is your install?
    If you create a new user or use Guest does this still happen?

While I do use a modified compiz, - 0.9.7.6+r3008 I don't think that matters, pretty sure this stopped happening with the 0.9.7.6 upgrade, both in unity 5.8 & 5.10

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Those sites drive me crazy - if your file is there beats me

Anyway - what do you use, wall or rotate?
    How old is your install?
    If you create a new user or use Guest does this still happen?

While I do use a modified compiz, - 0.9.7.6+r3008 I don't think that matters, pretty sure this stopped happening with the 0.9.7.6 upgrade, both in unity 5.8 & 5.10
    maybe 2 weeks updates every day
    will this work?
    http://youtu.be/etB_9B1EZGg
    for the record it does happen in unity guest session just enable edge flip in wall and disable grid
    Last edited by pqwoerituytrueiwoq; April 21st, 2012 at 08:11 PM.

Beans

Well - I set up a new user using the default wall & enabled edge flipping in wall
    Sometimes the cursor stays & many times it gets disconnected. Also grid seems to interfere at times.

(forgot to enable wobbly windows, maybe also involved?

Other than that can't help, as mentioned I use rotate instead of wall & a vertical size of 1, thats works just fine with edge flips, the cursor stays where placed

Edit: went back & enabled wobbly & disabled snapping windows - in that case works pretty well, cursor stays connected
    Maybe create a new user & try there (enable wobbly, enable edge fipping, nothing else changed from default
    Last edited by mc4man; April 21st, 2012 at 08:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Well - I set up a new user using the default wall & enabled edge flipping in wall
    Sometimes the cursor stays & many times it gets disconnected. Also grid seems to interfere at times.

(forgot to enable wobbly windows, maybe also involved?

Other than that can't help, as mentioned I use rotate instead of wall & a vertical size of 1, thats works just fine with edge flips, the cursor stays where placed

Edit: went back & enabled wobbly & disabled snapping windows - in that case works pretty well, cursor stays connected
    Maybe create a new user & try there (enable wobbly, enable edge fipping, nothing else changed from default
    found a bug report:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...iz/+bug/965577

Beans

I bit the bullet & returned compiz to the current repo build & yep - the cursor disconnects on edge flipping.
    As soon as I re-install the patched compiz the cursor stays put

So while not listed in this bug, when they get around to fixing it should also fix this issue, depending if the current evolving fix doesn't screw it up

https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz-core/+bug/862430

The bug you linked may have a prior one, seems likely as the disconnect has been occurring for some time

Beans
    Distro

wonder if i can install the version (0.8.X.X) on the current version of LMDE that version runs flawlessly for me

happen to know a way to make scale work on minimized windows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast