Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows automatically jumping between workspaces

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Windows automatically jumping between workspaces

Unchecking "Workarounds" in the Place Windows options seems to have fixed it for me.

Beans

Sorry I have no suggestion for your problem.Because i don't use ubuntu 12.0 software.Would any body tell me what ubuntu 12.0 software n what its uses?

Beans

Unfortunately neither "trick" (selecting multiple outputs or disabling workarounds in window placement settings) worked for me.
    Any help on this issue would be very welcome since this window snapping back to workspace is really really annoying...

Beans

I suffer from the same issue in Ubuntu 12.04 using the Gnome 3 emulation of Gnome 2 (I'm guessing that's the gnome-fallback). I have two displays, one 1680x1050 and the other 1366x768Any, and any time I open a new window and attempt to move it across displays or even to a different position on the same display, it seems compiz has a favorite spot and is too stubborn to allow me to permanently move the window. I can technically move the window, but within a second or two of me doing so, the window jumps back to compiz's favorite position, even if I'm still in the process of dragging the window. The favorite spot can also change from being located on the display in which I opened the window to the other display. This sometimes happens when I attempt to move the window to the second display and back to the original display, at which point the window may stick around on the second display.

I've tried all of the proposed CCSM solutions in this thread, and none of them worked. I tried unchecking the workaround checkbox and tested the various options for the placement mode and multi output mode, and none of them corrected the issue for me. I ended up just disabling the Place Windows plugin, and now the issue is gone. So it seems that the issue is directly tied to the Place Windows plugin, at least in my case. I do not have the issue that others have described in which opening windows can place them inconveniently without the Place Windows plugin enabled, so I think I'm all good (for now).
    processor: AMD Athlon 3800+ 64 X2 | memory: 3GB DDR RAM | graphics: nVIDIA GeForce 7900GS | OS: Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

unticking lazy positioning in move helps but not perfect
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12