Thread: need help troubleshooting networkmanager and VPN

Beans

need help troubleshooting networkmanager and VPN

I am having an issue with openconnect VPN and networkmanager. Attempting to connect via the nm-applet fails, and the only thing I have found in the syslog is

Code:
    Apr 19 08:13:43 Chronos NetworkManager[878]: <info> Starting VPN service 'openconnect'...
    Apr 19 08:13:43 Chronos NetworkManager[878]: <info> VPN service 'openconnect' started (org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openconnect), PID 3537
    Apr 19 08:13:43 Chronos NetworkManager[878]: <info> VPN service 'openconnect' appeared; activating connections
    Apr 19 08:13:46 Chronos NetworkManager[878]: <info> Policy set 'Auto CITYWIFI' (eth1) as default for IPv4 routing and DNS.
    Apr 19 08:13:51 Chronos NetworkManager[878]: <info> VPN service 'openconnect' disappeared
    Not exactly helpful, and I am not sure how to get any more useful data.

I can run opennconnect as sudo from the command line, and it connects fine. I have also verified that I am part of the netdev group.

Thanks,
    -J

Beans

Re: need help troubleshooting networkmanager and VPN

bump

Beans

Re: need help troubleshooting networkmanager and VPN

Think there has been some sort of regression in the nm-applet or elsewhere. I have seen another with this issue on 11.10. I have it on 10.04 and you as well. I would say post a bug report if you have time. I believe it might be one or I will post one soon because going out of town if I haven't heard that you have already.