Thread: Bluetooth heyboard via remote login doesn't display characters correctly

Beans

Bluetooth heyboard via remote login doesn't display characters correctly

Hello,

Here's an interesting one, to me at least. I have a small bluetooth Keyboard that bought to use with my Android tablet, so that I can login to Ubuntu remotely.

I use the Android app "Connectbot" to login. When used with the tablets default software keyboard the login and characters seem to work. When the bluetooth keyboard is on and paired. I lose the use of all of the punctuation (shift + 1-0) keys in the Ubuntu tty.

Anyone have any thoughts on how I my be able to work around this? Is there a way I can attempt a tty-specific keyboard detection? Any thoughts, musings or outright hacks would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    HUZZAH UBUNTU, HUZZAH!

Beans

Re: Bluetooth heyboard via remote login doesn't display characters correctly

Speaking of hacks...

I've discovered that logging in with the bluetooth keyboard produces this problem, but logging in with the software keyboard and enabling the bluetooth after having logged in, regains function of all of the keys that had not been registering prior.

It's ugly, but I will take it. Marking this one solved (as obtuse as that is...).

Though, if anyone has any thoughts, theories or musings on this, I'd love to have you post them here as well.
    HUZZAH UBUNTU, HUZZAH!