Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creative Recon3D Sound Drivers

Beans

Creative Recon3D Sound Drivers

Hi guys,

After PLENTY of searching, I haven't found anything about any Recon3D drivers being released. I have even contacted Creative by email to see if they had any plans to release a Linux driver any time soon (since they have them for my old Platinum Fatal1ty X-fi card), and they told me no.

Has anyone heard or seen anything about anyone coming up with drivers for this card?

Beans

Re: Creative Recon3D Sound Drivers

anyone have this card working in ubuntu??

Beans

I don't know if anyone has this card working yet since, from what I've read, it doesn't have alsa support. I've even looked into open source projects for this thing, but have come up empty-handed. I would be more than happy with even the src to compile to get this thing going.

Also, a lot of people use other cards with built-in headphone amps, and I don't think they'd even touch Creative cards with a 10 foot pole. I've been using Creative cards for quite a while now for gaming, and I always wanted one with a headphone amp. So, I thought I'd give the Recon3D a try, and forgot to look into Linux support before buying it. Whoops.

Beans

Hi,

I am thinking to buy the Recon3D USB card for using in Ubuntu distribution. I want to use it for Automatic Speech Recognition Task and Echo cancellation. At the end anybody have bought this card and tested in Ubuntu? I think that there aren't problems with Linux.

Thanks

Beans

it is working fantastic with my pulse audio drivers. Great sound.

-Shaj

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You might have to wait till 12.10 is released

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTEwNTg

I would get more info before I tried this one:

http://softwaretopic.informer.com/cr...con-3d-ubuntu/

Beans

Anyone have this card working on 12.10? I've just installed it but getting no joy. Card is recognised but is just outputting static constantly.

Beans

Same here, installed 12.10 after getting frustrated with Mint 13 and the card is indeed recognized however it doesn't recognize that it's 5.1, only gives options for stereo out and secondly and most importantly does not output sound.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Creative Recon3D Sound Drivers

the same for me, the ubuntu 12.10 and linux mint 14 recognize the card with stereo only and don't work. this distributions have the kernel 3.5 but don't work anyway. i buy this card for play music in linux, i test the kernel 3.7 and it's the same. if anyone know something reply the thread.

See you

Beans

Mint 15 olivia,ga-h67m-d2 m/b and without do anything i'm listening David Gilmour from my recon3d,finaly!!! hope this helps
    Last edited by taklap; June 23rd, 2013 at 09:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast