Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "slight delay in assembly"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: "slight delay in assembly"

Glad to hear these are shipping. I'm really anxious to get my Lemur.

Glad to hear that demand is high, too. Good for System76.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

No status update for my order yet. Hopefully, my LemU4 will ship next week.

It's good that the demand is high, but this backlog issue should have been handled better. I can think of two issues that System76 needs to work on:

• Failure to communicate the problem (but my thanks to Isantop for responding in this forum).
    • Charging credit card immediately without ensuring the laptop would be shipped in standard time.

All that offered in a constructive spirit. Take it as you will.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by brdmn View Post
    No status update for my order yet. Hopefully, my LemU4 will ship next week.

It's good that the demand is high, but this backlog issue should have been handled better. I can think of two issues that System76 needs to work on:

• Failure to communicate the problem (but my thanks to Isantop for responding in this forum).
    • Charging credit card immediately without ensuring the laptop would be shipped in standard time.

All that offered in a constructive spirit. Take it as you will.

I'm kind of annoyed with being charged over a thousand dollars and not having my product shipped within the "standard time". In fact, at this point I have no proof that this isn't a complete scam.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I ordered on the second day of the new systems appeared on the system76 website. I received a message about a delay in shipping. I used the ticket system to inquire about the delay. Support responded in a timely fashion (i.e., within 24 hours), but no info on when the system would be expected to ship.

The only improvement I could suggest is for support provide an updated estimated shipment date range, or include a clearer promise that the delay will be minimized to the fullest extent possible and notify me of an updated ship date as soon as possible.

Nevertheless, the system shipped 9 business days instead of the promised 8 business days.

I am satisfied. If the system performs as good as the Daru1, which lasted 5 years, the 1 day delay in shipping is super minor and will be worth the wait.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Agree. A little more info would be handy. I'm on Day 11 and my Lemur is still "In Assembly." Not terribly excited about that.

EDIT. Two seconds after I hit post, I got an email from System 76 that my Lemur shipped.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pete04 View Post
    Agree. A little more info would be handy. I'm on Day 11 and my Lemur is still "In Assembly." Not terribly excited about that.

EDIT. Two seconds after I hit post, I got an email from System 76 that my Lemur shipped.

Apparently mine just shipped as well. Seems they're catching up.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by abdd0e77 View Post
    Apparently mine just shipped as well. Seems they're catching up.
    Same here. Good news!

Beans
    Distro

My LemU4 arrived yesterday. Installing Xubuntu Precise and the System76 drivers was completely straightforward. The most impressive thing so far is the boot time... feels instantaneous! I did get the SSD. Videos play very smoothly in Firefox/Flash, which is a noticeable change from my old i3-based desktop running 32-bit Xubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Happy with mine, too. Just finished upgrading everything to 12.04 without a hitch.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by brdmn View Post
    My LemU4 arrived yesterday. Installing Xubuntu Precise and the System76 drivers was completely straightforward. The most impressive thing so far is the boot time... feels instantaneous! I did get the SSD. Videos play very smoothly in Firefox/Flash, which is a noticeable change from my old i3-based desktop running 32-bit Xubuntu.
    And the AC adapter is dead one day later At least now I get to find out how well System76 support works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12