Thread: Display set to external with jupiter and i dont have an external display

Beans

Display set to external with jupiter and i dont have an external display

So i admit it im still a noob. iv been playing with ubuntu for a little under a year, and i just joined this forum a few months ago so this is my first post. and i appologize if its already been addressed because i didnt see it posted anywhere

i just installed jupiter and accidentally switched the option to external screen, this would be no problem if i had one to connect to switch it back but i dont. i can log into the guest account and it still uses the laptop screen which i am thankful for so if anyone could help me out i cant seem to find any support for jupiter by google search.

much thanks for anyone willing to spend a few min to walk me through this stupid mistake

Beans

Re: Display set to external with jupiter and i dont have an external display

any ideas? anyone! suggestions please im desperate

Beans

just wanted to thank everyone for their help! i just removed jupiter from my guest account and then when i logged into the regular account the screen was back to the way it should be!

Beans

<deleted>
    Last edited by mzunguInKenya; April 19th, 2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: inaccurate info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I have the same problem...I often forget to switch from external screen to internal screen when I take my laptop away..and can only use the guest account. It would really be great if somebody could help and write a script which would test whether there is a external screen attached on boot up...and if there is not then default to internal screen and thus overwrite the Jupiter choice
    Ubuntu is computer speak for defenestration

Beans

Got the same issue but found a way rather than remove Jupiter,

Simply delete the file 'vga_saved' under '/var/jupiter'.

Could done by

rm /var/jupiter/vga_saved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Good in theory...but you cannot see anything on the screen in your normal profile and the guest profile will not allow you access to the command line.
    Ubuntu is computer speak for defenestration