Thread: My Video drivers are broken.

Beans

Unhappy My Video drivers are broken.

Hello! I Had today installed Kubuntu 12.4 (Final Beta) and it worked normally and the Game Minecraft has worked. But i had see at Jockey Driver manager my ATI Driver, when i installed the first it has says a Error. I Had try the Another and again error plus "system program is crashed" and i restarted the computer. My computer has some errors, at crazy window move makes me a effect like cut half program. Minecraft has not starts, its crashes. And now I Do not know what to do? Also im bored installing again Kubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: My Video drivers are broken.

You could perhaps try a stable release rather than a beta. 12.04 LTS is not yet released.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hi ,
    try to get in from "Recovery Mode" and try "Dpkg - repair broken packages" . Then reboot .

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NikTh View Post
    Hi ,
    try to get in from "Recovery Mode" and try "Dpkg - repair broken packages" . Then reboot .
    Thanks, but i already starting Reinstall Kubuntu before see the message.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Minecraft isn't really "wired" to run smoothly on Linux, which is probably your problem, also 12.04 is still in beta. See if it works on 11.10.

~~~~dzponce11

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by RedComputer View Post
    Thanks, but i already starting Reinstall Kubuntu before see the message.
    If you're reinstalling 12.04 again then expect the same issues. Reinstalling is generally a last resort but as you're using a beta release it would be best to go for something reliable to rule out that as the issue.

As stated, try a stable release (10.04 and 11.10 will be easy to upgrade to 12.04 LTS when it is stable and that has five years support).
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; April 18th, 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Beans
    I Have now installed Ubuntu 12.4 (Not KDE) . The drivers will work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have yet to end up with a successful ATi driver install from ubuntu repos in 11.10 or 12.04 beta. I would recommend you go to the AMD website, download the driver and install the latest catalyst driver. It works so much better and runs at temps much cooler than the open source driver. If you need specific install steps to do so, just look up (Google) "install catalyst 12.3 ubuntu".

Beans

I Have Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 And i do not know if support these drivers. I Think i have AMD Readon 2600