Thread: adobe f4f

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

adobe f4f

trying to watch homeland on 4OD in the UK, but video will not play.

google search reveals that this may have something to do with ¨adobe 4f4¨

can anyone explain / offer solution ?
    If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the [censored] car.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: adobe f4f

some further info to clarify

Using ubuntu 12.04 with gnome shell desktop and Firefox browser. I used to watch Homeland on Channel 4oD but it no longer plays. Other programmes from 4oD are still working. I understand that Homeland now using adobe f4f on http which may be cause. Anybody else have this problem or can advise solution?

same problem occurs using chrome/chromium and unity, or any combo of above.

posted here, rather than 12.04 thread as i think version is irrelevant, as same issue has been reported with opensuse.
    If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the [censored] car.

Beans

I came accross the same problem, and no answers.
    As a temporary solution (before the series expire) -
    I managed to play it using the ArtistX Live distro....
    http://www.artistx.org/

But it would be nice to solve the problem for good...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hi,

i have had conversation with 4od re this issue.

after advising me to reinstall flash, change flash storage settings, etc etc, their final email stated

¨The programme would be encoded the same as any other American programme. It appears to be an isolated issue on some peoples configuration that is stopping them viewing HOMELAND¨

...which doesn´t answer any issues & seems to be contradicted by the fact that some, but not all, other american programmes work ok.

not heard from them since.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

bumping this has now the majority of 4OD content is unplayable

ps never did hear back from them.

website faq now states that ¨We're aware that some viewers are having issues trying to watch some of our US programmes via our 4oD service on Channel4.com¨

problem spread to all shows now.
    Last edited by flipper T; August 28th, 2012 at 11:13 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

for anyone interested, things i have tried:

1. works with artistx (thx for advice), but that is a dog of a os & should be avoided.

2. works with puppy linux, both ubuntu based & slakware based running off a live usb.

3. works great in 64bit debian live usb.

for 2 & 3 above, i was using the same version of flash i use in ubuntu, so does not seem to be a flash problem, however, as you can probably tell, i´m no expert.

oh well. going to leave this for a while & see if it is one of those problems that resolves itself in time.