Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: winepulse in ubuntu wine ppa

Beans

Re: winepulse in ubuntu wine ppa

Hi, I'm using dsound.dll from windows 7 and winepulse (only way to get 5.1 sound in games?). Sometimes it output noise, something like buffer loop. Best way to reproduce it is pause music in foobar2000. It doesn't happend in alsa driver.

Beans

hi all i am the new user of this one

Hi all,
    This is Tommy Stephen, i am the new user of this forum support me.
    oh! this is a very informative
    post! i actually enjoyed reading this..

Beans

what is the ppa as added to synaptic. Answering this will help for me to learn, for future reference.
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day

This was placed here to ignore

Beans

how can i extract all the patches with "git format-patch"? the best i could do is "git format-patch -1" but that only gives me the first commit?

Beans

Hi brilliant people.

I'm having sound issues in Starcraft 2 under Ubuntu 13.10 using wine 1.7.12 and pulseaudio 4.0.

I have so far not been able to find a fix or workaround. As soon as I have logged on to battle.net, every sound played, be it interface sound, game effects or ingame voices, will be played on what sound like on top of each other and even itself. So the loggin sound "bling" becomes "bliblilinglingngngnggg". It doesn't seem to chop og distort the sound just repeat it several times. There's no fuzzing og buzzing either. It be causing severe lag during battles as well, but I'm not sure.

Disabling "winepulse.drv" in winecfg stops the sound reapeating problem, but yields horrible sound and lag... not suprisingly.
    One thread on a problem I hoped was the same, suggested changing resampling method to src-linear. That did nothing, so it's back to default.

I really hope this thread can shed some light on the problem. I'm craving for a fix or workaround.

Beans

can you set windows version to win vista or newer? That should fix sound for you. Pulseaudio 5.0 seems to have introduced a regression when used with usb headphones, reverting 826c8f69d34ef49e86fe0ab6c93c1ffba8916131 fixes it. I'm talking to the pa devs about possible fixes.

Beans

if the upstream for the original wine git tree is origin, and you're working on a branch with the patches it's simply git format-patch -o /tmp/out origin/master

Beans

Pizza Connection 2 isn't working at some point, see http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=36744

So, yeah, this "bug" is still out there and "WINENOPULSE=1 wine Pizza2.exe" is not working

Beans

It's finally happening: winepulse is in the process of being merged into the official Wine source tree! Thanks for all the hard work everyone.

Why it happened: As far as I can tell, Wine forked into a wine-staging project that was willing to include more edgy patches, and this eventually resulted in the Wine team deciding to change how they were running things. As a result, Wine and wine-staging teams are merging back together, with wine-staging acting as a proving ground to give patches a place to mature until they're ready to go into official Wine. Pulseaudio was in wine-staging, and was a major target that people identified for bringing over to Wine under the new system.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Thumbs up Re: winepulse in ubuntu wine ppa

Quote Originally Posted by HunterZ View Post
    It's finally happening: winepulse is in the process of being merged into the official Wine source tree! Thanks for all the hard work everyone.

Why it happened: As far as I can tell, Wine forked into a wine-staging project that was willing to include more edgy patches, and this eventually resulted in the Wine team deciding to change how they were running things. As a result, Wine and wine-staging teams are merging back together, with wine-staging acting as a proving ground to give patches a place to mature until they're ready to go into official Wine. Pulseaudio was in wine-staging, and was a major target that people identified for bringing over to Wine under the new system.
    That's really cool! Congratulations. And thanks.
    May Peace Prevail for Life in all Realms of Creation --Masahisa Goi

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast