Thread: winepulse in ubuntu wine ppa

Beans

Re: winepulse in ubuntu wine ppa

I don't get sound from pharaos?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Update: Interesting results, if I'm playing music (rhythembox) when I load a game, then the sound works perfectly, every time.

Maybe this is an error in pulseaudio itself.
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist

Beans

Can you attach a +winmm,+pulse,+dsound,+tid log of broken?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

As of wine 1.5.11-0ubuntu1, the pulseaudio patchset number has been removed from the naming scheme in the PPA.

I just want to make sure before upgrading: are the pulseaudio drivers still there? Yes they are

Also, interest in proper multi-channel dsound +1.
    Last edited by quequotion; August 21st, 2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: multi-channel dsound? YES.

Beans

Since switching back from cheako's d3 ppa to the wine ppa, I've found that my sound has been stuttering and looping in Diablo 3. The issue went away when I stopped using "taskset -c 0" to run Diablo 3 (which is needed for some of us to get rid of stuttering frames).

Can anyone else reproduce the sound issues with taskset -c 0?

For now my solution is to use "taskset -c 0,1" which gets rid of both stuttering frames and stuttering sound

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by woefulwabbit View Post
    For now my solution is to use "taskset -c 0,1" which gets rid of both stuttering frames and stuttering sound
    Ok taskset -c 0 probably shouldn't break sound. Can you try running diablo 3 with windows version set to vista or higher? It should use the native audio path instead of going through dsound, if it uses the same audio engine as warcraft.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by YokoZar View Post
    Currently these patches are included in the Wine PPA that many of you are using (for wine1.5 package). I may change this in the future to a different PPA, however, to keep it "official" (ie upstream).

Anyway, feedback appreciated.
    Scott,

Any chance you could link the specific PPA, just so I can make sure that I'm using the right one? Thanks.

Beans

If you want to report specific bugs just follow what I said above, the patches are meant to make things more useful, not less. If they do make things less useful please help me help you help us all.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cheako View Post
    To switch from winealsa to winepulse or the other way around(vice versa). Regedit the sting value of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\drivers should be "alsa", "pulse", or perhaps even something else. I think "jack" is also supported.
    Thank you SO MUCH for this! This was all I needed to get beautiful, clear sound on my Precise (12.04.1) x86_64 workstation under Wine. I've been suffering along for freaking EVER with horrible, choppy staticky audio, and of course even installing wine-1.5 from the PPA didn't fix it... because winecfg and winetricks didn't know anything about pulse, and wine-1.5 still had alsa selected, so until I saw your post about making the manual regedit, I'd never actually USED the pulse driver.

TL;DR this fixed EVERYTHING for me. Thank you thank you thank you.

Beans

Well please consider removing that key altogether then, winepulse will fail to load and fallback to alsa if pulseaudio is not available as audio system, but only if you don't have that registry key.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast