Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: winepulse in ubuntu wine ppa

Beans

Re: winepulse in ubuntu wine ppa

I have never had a problem getting my Nvidia drivers to work or getting Wine set up to play nice with any of my games.

However, My mumble or mangler clients always seem to act up and this appears to be something I need to try.

What steps do I need to take to try and run this pulseaudio version of Wine to run on my system and see if it helps?

Beans

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
    sudo apt-get install wine1.5

Should work for quantal and precise. Recompile might broken on quantal, I compile for precise only and copy the binaries to quantal.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Nope, nothing. D: I tried it and the terminal just gave me an error, since apparently there wasn't an installation candidate.

Beans

Curious if this PPA build with winepulse supports 5.1 or 7.1 surround? I haven't seen any indication that it does so I'm curious.

Beans

Question Re: winepulse in ubuntu wine ppa

Hmmm. I just updated from 1.4.1 to 1.5.20 to test the newest release and my app. crashed.

Here is my console log:

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32ef7c,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32eecc,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f50c,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f4ec,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f4ec,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint Winepulse is not officially supported by the wine project
    fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint For sound related feedback and support, please visit http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1960599

Which is how I got to here. Interestingly enough, the app quit on that final line denying the Winepulse routines.

The app is SimCity 4 Deluxe digital download (v. 1,1,641).

I tried to back out to 1.4.1 but it is broken in the distribution.

Suggestions?

Further to this the dump of my app shows the crash occured in the sound module:
    Exception module: C:\windows\system32\dsound.dll.

When patching general use software it would be nice to have tested it more rigorously. Since I can't back out due to nonsense at the distro, I am no longer able to kill time using this app.
    Last edited by A Nonny Moose; December 29th, 2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: New info.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Exclamation Re: winepulse in ubuntu wine ppa

Quote Originally Posted by A Nonny Moose View Post
    Hmmm. I just updated from 1.4.1 to 1.5.20 to test the newest release and my app. crashed.[/url]

Which is how I got to here. Interestingly enough, the app quit on that final line denying the Winepulse routines.

The app is SimCity 4 Deluxe digital download (v. 1,1,641).

I tried to back out to 1.4.1 but it is broken in the distribution.

Suggestions?

When patching general use software it would be nice to have tested it more rigorously. Since I can't back out due to nonsense at the distro, I am no longer able to kill time using this app.
    It seems you are not the only one with the latest update of wine crashing. I've found them all across the boards. The version 1.5.20 definitely is flawed. Check my post here below.

I get these same errors across a melange of different games: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...9#post12428159
    Currently running Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal (64bit) installed on core i7 950/ 6GB/Geforce GTX 460 SOC 1GB system.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wiebeest View Post
    It seems you are not the only one with the latest update of wine crashing. I've found them all across the boards. The version 1.5.20 definitely is flawed. Check my post here below.

I get these same errors across a melange of different games: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...9#post12428159
    Yes this is affecting me too. Very annoying.

Beans

Exclamation Re: winepulse in ubuntu wine ppa

A new "version" of 1.5.20 came in from the distro today. It appears to have been fixed now.

Beans

I just test it today. And of course, the bug have been fixed

Beans

Got a distro update to wine-1.5.21.

All is well with the app that I run. The improvement in sound quality is very noticeable.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast