Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HTPC Nvidia screen resolution.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: HTPC Nvidia screen resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Modeline "1440x900_60.00" 106.50 1440 1528 1672 1904 900 903 909 934 -hsync +vsync

# Option "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
    Option "metamodes" "1140x900_65.00"
    [/CODE]

The difference between this and the original you posted is I added the Modeline to the "Monitor" (edited) section, and in the "Screen" section I commented out the "metamodes" auto select mode and added the select mode for the 1440x900 modeline instead.

I did it this way because that is what nvidia-settings does when I select the correct resolution and save it.

The HorizSync and VertRefresh values look quite low. You might want to check them against the manual for your screen and set them appropriately if necessary.

Chris
    Shouldn't the line "Option "metamodes" "1140x900_65.00" actually say 60.00 at the end, and I have misplaced the manual for the TV sometime ago already, so I have to search the web for an online manual, but thanks to Sony it's removed from their site...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by kimme View Post
    Shouldn't the line "Option "metamodes" "1140x900_65.00" actually say 60.00 at the end, and I have misplaced the manual for the TV sometime ago already, so I have to search the web for an online manual, but thanks to Sony it's removed from their site...
    Yes it should, I've fixed it. Sorry it's been a looong day.

I know on some monitors when you enter the setup menu from the front panel there's often an information screen which can have important stuff like ideal resolution, sync ranges and Horizontal refresh timings. Worth a look?

Chris

Beans
    Distro

New update. I have tried with both the 65.00 ending and the 60.00 ending to the modeset twith no luck. The resolution 1440x900 doesn't show it in nvidia-config or the Display settings...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by kimme View Post
    New update. I have tried with both the 65.00 ending and the 60.00 ending to the modeset twith no luck. The resolution 1440x900 doesn't show it in nvidia-config or the Display settings...
    65.00 is definitely wrong: it won't mean anything in that context.

Definitely investigate the correct HorizSync settings as I think it needs to be at least 55kHz to give the resolution you want at 60Hz Refresh rate.

(Maybe just change it to 57 or something if you can't find the manual to verify it. Check the setup menus on the monitor as well, remember.

Chris

Beans
    Distro

Unhappy Re: HTPC Nvidia screen resolution.

It's funny that this actually worked with the 11.04 version, until nvidia released the driver that ****** it up, and now when I install 11.04 again, it gets the updated nvidia driver that ***** it up.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123