Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Touchpad scrolling doesn't work occasionally with Nautilus

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    here's the full list for precise
    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise...nput-synaptics

I'd try this one - click on your arch under "Builds"
    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...9.902-0ubuntu3
    Thanks a bunch! So far, so good. I've got the older version locked so I don't have to worry about it getting upgraded accidentally, and I'll be watching to see what happens with that package in the future.
    Drifting back and forth between Windows and Linux--I'm in it for the technology, not the philosophy!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Squonk07 View Post
    Thanks a bunch! So far, so good. I've got the older version locked so I don't have to worry about it getting upgraded accidentally, and I'll be watching to see what happens with that package in the future.
    So if it stops over a day or so report back, that'll at least be some indication that the cause is in or related to the xserver-xorg-input-synaptics upgrades of late.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

After about a day I haven't had the scrolling lock up once, so I think that's a pretty strong indication that the xserver-xorg-input-synaptics package is the culprit here. Now we need to figure out what changed that's causing this issue. I get the impression that there is some specific conflict somewhere because if it were a more general problem with the package I would expect a lot more activity in this thread.
    Drifting back and forth between Windows and Linux--I'm in it for the technology, not the philosophy!

Beans

After about a day I haven't had the scrolling lock up once, so I think that's a pretty strong indication that the xserver-xorg-input-synaptics package is the culprit here. Now we need to figure out what changed that's causing this issue. I get the impression that there is some specific conflict somewhere because if it were a more general problem with the package I would expect a lot more activity in this thread.
    In post 8 I posted the changelog for the 2 packages after 1.5.99.902-0ubuntu3
    In both cases the changes were just a single patch to the current source
    So assuming you are using 1.5.99.902-0ubuntu3, then go back to the link for all precise versions, download the next one & update (-0ubuntu4

Try that one for an extended time, if no occurances then update to -0ubuntu5 & see
    (so far I haven't had it happen here yet but that may not be indicative.

Are you on 32 or 64 bit?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

64 bit here. I'll go ahead and update to the next version and see what happens.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

The next version up (ubuntu4, one version before the current one) worked without fault after day of testing. The current version still freezes up, so that seems to indicate that the bug is in the latest version.

Beans

The next version up (ubuntu4, one version before the current one) worked without fault after day of testing. The current version still freezes up, so that seems to indicate that the bug is in the latest version.
    It's recently been mentioned in the current report that "patch 203_fix_coasting_speed.patch" seems to be the cause for someone else

So for yourself, till or if fixed you may as well use the 0ubuntu4 version
    If you have a LP account you could comment that the 203 patch causes also in the report

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Done. Hopefully the ball can get rolling on this now. I'm glad I was able to help, even if it was just installing and testing a few different versions of a package.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Just to bring this thread back up from the depths one last time, it seems this issue has been solved in an upcoming update (it's currently in precise-proposed). I've been testing version 0ubuntu5.1 now for over a day and I haven't had the scrolling lock up once.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Just to bring this thread back up from the depths one last time, it seems this issue has been solved in an upcoming update (it's currently in precise-proposed). I've been testing version 0ubuntu5.1 now for over a day and I haven't had the scrolling lock up once.
    Thanks for the heads up! I was getting very worried about this issue.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by palimmo View Post
    Touchpad scrolling doesn't work occasionally with Nautilus.
    I can scroll up-down just on the right side, but not in the center of the page or in other points.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/983910
    The new URL for the bug report is:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...cs/+bug/982771

The previous bug report has been marked as duplicate.
    Last edited by ubuntu27; April 26th, 2012 at 07:05 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12