Thread: Win7 flash problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Win7 flash problems

recently i bought my friends laptop off him but decided to install Linux on it but i encountered too many problems so i gave up and decided to do a clean install with the recovery disc but i got an error when the recovery disc was almost done installing i looked it up and some people said it was cause the disc was dirty or scratched i would list what the error said but i forgot it :/
    but either way win7 installed without all the factory settings and programs just a clean win7 install but when i installed flash and i go to sites that require flash it tells me i need to install it i alrdy uninstalled and reinstalled it but it didn't work im guessing win7 didn't fully install.

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Win7 flash problems

Which web browser do you use?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am using Firefox the latest one

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Tye about:config in Firefox address bar, then type plugin.expose_full_path in the preference filter, then double click the resulting preference to make it true (bolded). Then type about:plugins in the address bar and check if there is a Shockwave Flash listed there. Copy the version number and file location and paste here.