google talk pad in firefox and chromium browsers is unresponsive to command
Hello I got a new google talk number and have been trying to record my voicemail greeting and have not been able to do so because when I try to record it from my computer using the gmail google talk feature on firefox or Chromium browser the dial pad commands (I Hear a tone) are ignored wether I press the virtual key or the actual keyboard.
I have the latest version of Ubuntu Installed.
Using an HP mini as my laptop
To record the message Im using the built in internal microphone.
so here is what happens:
1) I press call "google talk" from my google voice account
2) I answer the call using the gmail account
3) I hear the prompt to record my greeting
4) I talk into the microphone
5) When I want to end the recording I press the # sign on the virtual google talk pad hear a tone but the command is ignored.
6) I try to press the # sign on my keyboard and once again the command is ignored.
7) The call is dropped by google talk after 1 minute and 30 seconds.
8) Im unable to record my greeting I have tried using both chromium and firefox and no success.
What am I doing wrong?
Re: google talk pad in firefox and chromium browsers is unresponsive to command
Perhaps GT simply isn't working? No need to blame yourself. The plugin for Linux is Flash based, which alone can explain the bugginess.