Thread: Game Console Emulators (which one)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Game Console Emulators (which one)

DISCLAIMER: I already know that it's illegal to download an emulator and/or rom unless I already own the real thing... I have both Nintendo-64 and Game Cube, but I'm looking to throw them in the closet so I can clean up the space below my television.

THAT SAID - Which one would I download? I've already installed the N-64 from Ubuntu Software Center (MuPen64PLUS and it works great), but I can't find the Game Cube in there.

I did some google searching and found a Game Cube emulator that's compatible with Linux, but there's two selections to chose from and I don't know which one to download. There's one that says "Linux i686" and another one that just says "Linux."

I don't know if this would help, but here's a few photos of what my computer is all about. It's a Fujitsu computer with a dual-core intel and I'm running Lucid Lynx 64-bit on it.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Game Console Emulators (which one)

We do not condone such activity in the forums.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; April 15th, 2012 at 09:22 PM.