Thread: LibreOffice / Libre Office: I want variable page orientation (lanscape portrait mix)

Beans

LibreOffice / Libre Office: I want variable page orientation (lanscape portrait mix)

All I want is some pages as portrait format and others as landscape format.

http://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/C...pe_or_Portrait
    Using the linked article's directions, I set up a landscape-formatted page-style. I can set all pages to that style, but I don't know how to set only certain pages to that style.
    All pages in the current scope of page styles will be changed.
    The article says it will explain "scope of page styles", but it never does.

http://en.libreofficeforum.org/node/1392#comment-14075
    I already tried inserting a manual break and then changing the style.
    For me, there is no "Landscape" option in the "Style" menu of the dialog that appears when I select Insert > Manual Break. This person implies that there is.
    Last edited by haplorrhine; April 15th, 2012 at 01:52 AM.

Beans

Re: LibreOffice / Libre Office: I want variable page orientation (lanscape portrait

Not on a system with Libre Office installed at the moment but I believe the break has to be a section break - not just a page break.
    [signature]

Beans

Re: LibreOffice / Libre Office: I want variable page orientation (lanscape portrait

I don't know what a section break is. Based on my Google search, I think it's an Open Office thing.

Beans

I think you are (unfortunately) correct.
    [signature]

Beans

I give thanks anyway.

Beans

I am using Writer in LibreOffice 3.4.4 on Ubuntu 11.10 and for what it's worth, the instructions you linked to work for me.

My custom page style appears (some scrolling required) in the Style popup when I insert a manual break and choosing it changes the orientation of the current page and the pages that follow, until another page break specifying a different style is inserted.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by newboon2 View Post
    (some scrolling required)
    Thanks newboon! I didn't even know that list under Style in the dialog box could scroll! The scroll bar deceptively fills the whole bar, whereas the drop-down menu only shows three items at a time. Yes, it works now.

I just joined this forum in search of an answer, but nobody can post yet. Is everybody waiting for it's commencement with anticipation?
    https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/forum/
    Last edited by haplorrhine; April 15th, 2012 at 05:02 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

to insert a landscape page

• insert a manual break, select the page break button, and on the style pull down menu just below the button choose landscape (see first screenshot below)
    • all following pages will be in landscape orientation (see second screenshot)
    • when you want to switch back insert a manual break, select the page break button, and on the style pull down menu choose default (see third screenshot)
    • all following pages will be in default (i'm assuming portrait for default) orientation (fourth screenshot)
    • repeat anytime you want to change to a new orientation

oops solved while i was composing this, sorry
    Last edited by dwhite; May 29th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.

Beans

oooh barely too late, but that post should be understandable to future viewers.

I just solved another problem. I copied the text from the top of the first landscape page, and I wanted to paste it into a portrait page, but I had to insert it into the middle of a paragraph. If I didn't, the page break would paste with it, and all the text ahead of it would become landscaped.
    Last edited by haplorrhine; April 15th, 2012 at 05:42 AM.