Thread: Disable "Suggestion box" in Epiphany Browser?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Disable "Suggestion box" in Epiphany Browser?

Hi there, I am currently running Ubuntu 12.04 (Gnome-Shell 3.4) on my Viewpad 10 tablet. Everything is working nicely, finally a tablet-friendly experience on Ubuntu!! There is only one issue that I need fixing to be a completely smooth experience...

Epiphany Browser is a great browser which uses Xinput 2.2 multitouch gestures that was recently supported in GTK+ 3.4, the only problem is that every time I want to enter in a URL into the navigation bar, a suggestion box drops down (Contains information such as "Search the web with Google" etc) but unfortunately interferes text input on a On screen Keyboard (Tried both OnBoard and the one built into Gnome-shell) but they both have the issue of having to enter the same letter in each time twice because the suggestion field keeps popping up.

In Firefox you can disable their suggestion box by typing into the navigation bar "about:config" then scrolling down to browser.urlbar.maxRichResults and setting it to 0 in order to disable it.

Can something similar be done in Epiphany Browser? Or is there an alternate browser out there that supports both WebKit and GTK 3.4, I've tried Midori, Firefox and Chromium but no luck, unfortunately.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Disable "Suggestion box" in Epiphany Browser?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

I don't think Opera Mobile is packed for Ubuntu only for Meego and Windows, last time I checked.

Also would Opera use GTK 3.4? Without it being up to date I wouldn't be able to use it's multitouch gestures.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

I tried the latest Opera (Version 12) and no support for GTK 3.4

Epiphany is currently my best bet but I just need to turn off the suggestion box when I enter in a URL.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by ojdon View Post
    I don't think Opera Mobile is packed for Ubuntu only for Meego and Windows, last time I checked.

Also would Opera use GTK 3.4? Without it being up to date I wouldn't be able to use it's multitouch gestures.
    Sorry about that. I never actually tried it, since I don't have a tablet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

I settled with going back to Firefox and just using the "Grab and Drag" extension. Actually fits quite nicely!