Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to root android under ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: how to root android under ubuntu

I had been trying to figure out since a long time how I could root an Android phone completely in Ubuntu.
    I searched a lot of different android developers forums but most of them mostly talked about doing it on windows comp.
    I finally tried unlocking the bootloader of my mobile with fastboot and ADB (installed from the repo) and it was so easy to do that.
    But I still need help in rooting my phone. Does any one has any experience doing it esp. on a Huawei phone ?
    I would also like to know if there is any way to keep a backup of my rom so that if anything goes wrong I could revert back to it.
    Kindly advise.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: how to root android under ubuntu

Hello,

I think that in order to get some more help in order to root your phone, you will have to provide more info about the phone itself and which were the steps that you tried to follow and at which point you faced a problem. Some users with similar experience (using the same phone) will be able to respond and help you, since in many cases there are some differences from one phone to the other and the rooting procedure.

Now, I have not used a backup procedure up to now to my phone or different roms, yet I think that you should take a look on ROM Manager - ClockworkMod. I think that this should be the place to start for backing up your phone.

Regards!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Smile Re: how to root android under ubuntu

Hello.
    So, I installed Eclipse and the Android SDK from my Lubuntu 13.10 64bits.
    I can now login to my phone:

127|shell@android:/

But the link of the original post sends me to a specific brand phone tutorial (Xperia),I have an LG LX3 with Android 4.1.2 and Kernel version 3.4.0. so I can't access the first directory because It does not exist.

127|shell@android:/ $ cd /sqlite_stmt_journals
    /system/bin/sh: cd: /sqlite_stmt_journals: No such file or directory

I thought every android was the same, so what are the directories I need to access in order to root my phone?
    Last edited by Osmodivs; February 3rd, 2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: more info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12