Thread: Xfce4 has replaced my NotifyOSD theme!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation Xfce4 has replaced my NotifyOSD theme!!!

This topic was introduced by this thread here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1956417

Anyway, I noticed that after I installed Xubuntu alongside Ubuntu, my notifications changed from the default Ubuntu theme to this rather ugly, square one (see thread above for pictures). I found out that on startup the process that governs these new notifications is "xfce4-notifyd", which is located at "/usr/lib/xfce4/notifyd/xfce4-notifyd".
    So my question is, how do I get the default NotifyOSD theme back? I use Xubuntu quite a lot, and the only fix I've found is uninstalling Xubuntu...
    <(OO<) (^OO^) (>OO)>
    Do the Kirby dance...

Beans
    Distro

Re: Xfce4 has replaced my NotifyOSD theme!!!

It has been over 24 hours since this thread was created, so I believe that I'm allowed to bump it now...
    <(OO<) (^OO^) (>OO)>
    Do the Kirby dance...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I don't know if this will be a satisfactory solution but i installed 'Xfce4-desktop' rather than Xubuntu. Xfce4-desktop is a way to replace Unity & gnome shell but keep gnome apps. Xfce has worked when Unity or gnome-shell have had issues and was able to use an Xfce session to fix them.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kurt18947 View Post
    I don't know if this will be a satisfactory solution but i installed 'Xfce4-desktop' rather than Xubuntu. Xfce4-desktop is a way to replace Unity & gnome shell but keep gnome apps. Xfce has worked when Unity or gnome-shell have had issues and was able to use an Xfce session to fix them.
    Well the Xfce-desktop came with my installation of Xubuntu, so that may or may not help; but just in case it does, how would I install it? The same way that I did Xubuntu, with the terminal?
    <(OO<) (^OO^) (>OO)>
    Do the Kirby dance...