Thread: Wireless internet/keyboard/mouse all stopped working from a somewhat recent update

Beans

Wireless internet/keyboard/mouse all stopped working from a somewhat recent update

I've been very busy so I don't remember exactly when but I think it was about one or two weeks ago that I updated my mom's computer and her (wireless) mouse/keyboard/wireless internet all stopped working. For several days, I kept chrooting in from a live cd and updating the installation and then booting to see if the issue was solved but it wasn't. I remember once, the mouse and keyboard started working again but the internet wasn't and then I guess because of another update via the chroot, everything stopped working again.

Her computer uses the 32 bit Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS release. It has the regular/security/updates repositories. (For the 12.04, I plan on going strictly regular/security just in case that's the reason but also generally, I value stability/security more and so does my mother.) I also recall a screw up in dpkg that I fixed via the chroot using dpkg --configure -a but I don't think that's related but I'm just stating it in case it is.

I'm not too sure what more information to give so if you need to know something, just ask.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

Edit:
    Oops, I forgot to mention that:

1) The wireless adapter is: TP-Link TL-WN321G

2) The wireless keyboard/mouse combo is: Logitech 920-001200 Cordless Desktop EX100

Last edited by s3a; April 13th, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Apps for Ubuntu (outdated) ---> http://cid-23a283fc1010a1bb.skydrive...%20Wine|6?uc=1
    Use Mnemosyne to Study for School!