Thread: FTP Issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

FTP Issues

I have a server running Ubuntu Server 10.04, and I installed vsftpd on it. Now, I am able to connect to it with only one program which is for windows only (bleh) The program is WinSCP.

I cannot connect to the server with any other application, such as the Ubuntu connect to server, Mac connect to server, FileZilla, Web Browser, or anything that is not WinSCP.

I need to be able to connect with other applications because I mainly use a Mac to manage the server. I don't want to install wine on my Mac.
    Feel free to add me on Skype for a quicker response, but tell me you're from the forums!
    Read the following if you want, but I'm warning you: it may be complete nonsense!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: FTP Issues

I figured out that if I set my FTP client to Active Mode, I can connect. But if I try to connect with passive mode, it times out on the list command.

I want to use passive. How do I fix my server to get the passive to work?
    Feel free to add me on Skype for a quicker response, but tell me you're from the forums!
    Read the following if you want, but I'm warning you: it may be complete nonsense!

Beans

Re: FTP Issues

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin194 View Post
    I figured out that if I set my FTP client to Active Mode, I can connect. But if I try to connect with passive mode, it times out on the list command.

I want to use passive. How do I fix my server to get the passive to work?
    it's probably an iptables issue

have a look at this http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/iptable...s-not-working/