Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASUS K53E Wireless Problem

Beans

Re: ASUS K53E Wireless Problem

At the suggestion of ASUS, I reinstalled the wireless driver. I was already at the latest version. This made no difference. I also upgraded my BIOS from version 217 to version 219. This also made no difference. Any other suggestions?

John

Beans

Re: ASUS KD53 Wireless Problem

At the suggestion of ASUS, I reinstalled the wireless driver. I was already at the latest version. This made no difference. I also upgraded my BIOS from version 217 to version 219. This also made no difference. Any other suggestions?

John

Beans

I have an Asus K53E which I tried Ubuntu 11.10 and the only problem was the wireless. Instead of fighting it I loaded up the Beta version of 12.04 and NO issue with wireless. It worked out of the box!

Beans

[SOLVED]Re: ASUS K53E Wireless Problem

Quote Originally Posted by dpharo View Post
    I have an Asus K53E which I tried Ubuntu 11.10 and the only problem was the wireless. Instead of fighting it I loaded up the Beta version of 12.04 and NO issue with wireless. It worked out of the box!
    dpharo,

Excellent. This is the best advice I've had. I upgraded to 12.04 and the wireless now works. I'm replying to this message using Ubuntu and my wireless connection. Thanks!

John

Beans

I have the very same laptop. My issue with wireless is that its connected all the time alright, but most of the times the pages don't load at all, sometimes it gives an dns error, sometimes page not found...

I don't know what to do, i started out with ubuntu 10.04 and tried every stable release till 12.04.. Now I'm trying Fedora too, any ideas? And I have tried re-installing the drivers on the realtek website..
    If I have the belief that I can do it,
    I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it,
    even if I may not have it at the beginning.
    ~M.K. Gandhi

Beans

You might try a clean install of 12.04. I reformatted the partition before doing the install.

John

Beans

I did a clean install each and every time..
    If I have the belief that I can do it,
    I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it,
    even if I may not have it at the beginning.
    ~M.K. Gandhi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12