Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Rhythmbox vs Tomahawk?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    10

    Rhythmbox vs Tomahawk?

    Why is Rhythmbox included in Precise Pangolin? Doesn't Tomahawk (http://www.tomahawk-player.org/) for instance seem a lot more modern?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    10

    Re: Rhythmbox vs Tomahawk?

    If it's about the UbuntuOne support in Rhythmbox I suppose, since Tomahawk seems so versatile and modular, that it could be included fairly easily?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Williams Lake
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Rhythmbox vs Tomahawk?

    UDS-Q is coming up May 5 - 9, get your blurprint in, attend remotely if you can't be there and be ready to explain why you think it's a good idea.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NH USA
    Beans
    1,282
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Rhythmbox vs Tomahawk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixsey View Post
    Why is Rhythmbox included in Precise Pangolin? Doesn't Tomahawk (http://www.tomahawk-player.org/) for instance seem a lot more modern?
    They could start by losing the icon of the Native American warrior with headphones. That's pretty tone-deaf right there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Rhythmbox vs Tomahawk?

    Hello All

    Not especially worried about what music player we have as default in this or future cycles, but can we get the Amazon MP3 store thing sorted out?

    Rhythmbox: no plugin apparently available

    Banshee: certificate errors when I try to pay for anything

    Ideally, I'd like an Amazon lens. Is that a blueprinty thing?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,870
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Rhythmbox vs Tomahawk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixsey View Post
    [...]Tomahawk seems so versatile and modular, that it could be included fairly easily?
    Interesting player!

    I'm gonna mess around with this for a while... don't really understand the concept, but it found all my music, which is half the battle.
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,870
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Rhythmbox vs Tomahawk?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    They could start by losing the icon of the Native American warrior with headphones. That's pretty tone-deaf right there.
    I'm part Godfrey & Kickapoo (Indiana, USA) and didn't find any offense...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NH USA
    Beans
    1,282
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Rhythmbox vs Tomahawk?

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    I'm part Godfrey & Kickapoo (Indiana, USA) and didn't find any offense...
    Well, that settles it then.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,870
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Rhythmbox vs Tomahawk?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    Well, that settles it then.
    LoL!

    I haven't been able to trace my roots outside the USA, but the long-and-short of it is...

    "We've" been in the USA since the late 1700s -- first in Virginia, then out west to Ohio (for 100 years), and finally to Indiana.

    How we got mixed in with the "aboriginals" I have no idea, but we got a small amount of money when the last Godrey Indian died, and they closed the reservation in Fort Wayne (I think). I guess some Kickapoos are still around.

    I ended up in Arizona, because tuberculosis was running rampant in our family, in the early 1900s, and they said to move to Arizona, for our health.

    I'm more white (with weak lungs) than aboriginal, so I might be less likely to take offense than some, sooo not necessarily the "last word" when it comes to things like this.

    Anyway, this IS an interesting player!

    Have you tried it yet?!?!?
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NH USA
    Beans
    1,282
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Rhythmbox vs Tomahawk?

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    LoL!

    I haven't been able to trace my roots outside the USA, but the long-and-short of it is...

    "We've" been in the USA since the late 1700s -- first in Virginia, then out west to Ohio (for 100 years), and finally to Indiana.

    How we got mixed in with the "aboriginals" I have no idea, but we got a small amount of money when the last Godrey Indian died, and they closed the reservation in Fort Wayne (I think). I guess some Kickapoos are still around.

    I ended up in Arizona, because tuberculosis was running rampant in our family, in the early 1900s, and they said to move to Arizona, for our health.

    I'm more white (with weak lungs) than aboriginal, so I might be less likely to take offense than some, sooo not necessarily the "last word" when it comes to things like this.

    Anyway, this IS an interesting player!

    Have you tried it yet?!?!?
    I've tried it some, but the way I deal with my musical life,well, I don't feel a real value add. Early days, early days.

    I don't have a drop of Native American blood in me, as far as I know, but I just know that there have been moves for many years now to drop various NA mascots and themes and such.

    I'm not so much personally offended as I am just a bit surprised that an outfit would go that way.

    Anyway, it's a music player

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •