Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7132

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Talking Re: Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7132

Quote Originally Posted by Toz View Post

I've come across a number of references indicating i8042.nomux=1. Can you give that a try in your grub file
    Did that, updated grub, and now it shuts down properly, still no touch pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Toz View Post
    That previous bug report is specific to this issue. What does the following return for you, on or auto?
    FYI, it returned everything on, but as I said, it now shuts down like it is supposed to.

Work is done, see you in the morning. Thanks again!
    A goat leads the lambs to slaughter......

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs up Re: Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7132

OMG! The last fix is so stupid I am embarased! FN+F9 key turned the touch pad on. It is DISABLED BY DEFAULT during installation. That is crazy! Maybe the developers could fix that, but I doubt by tomorrow. Maybe a patch next week?

Holly cow, I turned down three more of these laptops at a great price becaus the touch pad was turned off in the installation CD. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks everyone who tried to help, and especially to Toz for the great tips.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7132

@ TOZ, I hope you are still checking this tread.

For work reasons, I triple booted my system to show the students what Win8 (loveing dubbed VistaME) looked like. I figured I would rebuild the whole thing anyway after 12.04 offical came out.

When I scrubbed the laptop and started over, 12.04 loads just fine, except that I don't have a keyboard or touch pad. On screen keyboard doesn't work either. No fear, I plugged in a USB keyboard and mouse, and all the updates, and the keyboard and touchpad work without a problem. On screen keyboard still doesn't work. I get a wierd splash like it wants to load the on screen keyboard after I put in my password. I will try the fixed we used before to see if I can get it back, but it is a low priority right now.

My main last two complaints is that it never goes to sleep, and it will not shut off, only reboots. I was watching another thread with similar issues, but it covered an encrypted home folder and ancrypted swap file. I am not doing any of that. Just a straight forward installation.

Anyone have any hints for me?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7132

Quote Originally Posted by Das Goat View Post
    My main last two complaints is that it never goes to sleep, and it will not shut off, only reboots. I was watching another thread with similar issues, but it covered an encrypted home folder and ancrypted swap file. I am not doing any of that. Just a straight forward installation.

Anyone have any hints for me?
    For the suspend issue, try the fix from here: http://thecodecentral.com/2011/01/18...ot-working-bug

As for the shutdown issue, wasn't it solved earlier in this thread by using the i8042.nomux=1 kernel parameter?

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs down Re: Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7132

@ Toz

You are correct sir! I appologize most profusely! That was the solution. I got caught up in the keyboard solution and didn't see that it was the power solution.

When I have imbided less grain beverages, I will try that most complicated solution to the sleeping promblem.

Again, my appologies!

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs up Re: Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7132

I am going to close this thread. On 11/15/2012, after a frustrating several trys to get 12.10 to work, I gave up and went back to 12.04

Staright up install, did the nomux=1 fix from earlier in the thread. Ran all of the upades, and loaded the propriatary Ati driver from the binaries, and holly cow! it works fine!

I left it in sleep / suspend mode all night. When I opened the lid this morning, it resumed just fine. Then I unplugged it so it was on battiery, and it also sleep / suspend / resumed just fine.

What ever was wrong, Ubuntu seemed to fix it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123