Thread: Flash problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Flash problem

I have an old Shuttle computer in my garage that runs Ubuntu 10.04 and all of a sudden Flash has stopped working.

I decided, after many failed attempts to sort the problem, to reinstall 10.04.

A full installation later, updated to 10.04.4, Ubuntu Restricted Extras loaded and Medibuntu repository enabled and still no Flash

I have other computers running 10.04.4 and Flash works well.

Attached is the output of lshw should it help.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Flash problem

Quote Originally Posted by cogier View Post
    I have an old Shuttle computer in my garage that runs Ubuntu 10.04 and all of a sudden Flash has stopped working.

I decided, after many failed attempts to sort the problem, to reinstall 10.04.

A full installation later, updated to 10.04.4, Ubuntu Restricted Extras loaded and Medibuntu repository enabled and still no Flash

I have other computers running 10.04.4 and Flash works well.

Attached is the output of lshw should it help.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    go to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and make sure that flashplugin-alternative.so or flashplayer is there or a link to it. If not do a system search for it and make a link to it into this folder.

If it is there let us know we will go from there.

Another thing you may want try is go to Firefox>tools>addons and add the add on flash aid it will install the adobe flashplayer on the system and give that a try.
    Last edited by kc1di; April 10th, 2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: spelling
    Wireless script
    Dave
    Registered Linux User #462608
    Ubuntu-Mate 16.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Flash problem

kc1di, thanks for these tips but everything seemed to be in place but Flash still refused to work

lovinglinux, thanks as well. Flash-aid did lots of downloading etc but the outcome was the same. I followed the instructions in the link you provided and I have been able to get Flash to work in Chrome (which is great and all that I need), but it wont work in Firefox or Opera! As this is only an old machine I use now and then I am marking this as "Solved"

Thank you both for your input.