Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Unity poster (feedback please)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Unity poster (feedback please)

@Onesimus: if there is a way to add or remove apps from the launcher using only the keyboard, I have yet to find it! Anyone else found a way?

@Paddy Landau: its great that you did that correction, thanks, I just don't have a way of changing the version on spredubuntu. By the way, it isn't me that is taking the exams, it is my 90 odd students (and some of them can be very odd )

Everyone: Paddy Landau has seen an issue, taken ownership and sorted it. I really would be delighted if others did that and if we could either use spreadubuntu or find another way of distributing variant versions, or brochures/leaflets or other kinds of media.

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This thread has been moved to the Community Café so that we can continue the discussion.

I have contacted the Ubuntu Doc team, and the team seems to be in agreement.

I am not sure what the next step is, but I will report when something relevant happens.

The team was also keen to have the poster on Spreadubuntu, which of course Keith has already done, albeit that he is struggling to update it to the latest version.

Paddy
    Last edited by Paddy Landau; April 29th, 2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Fixed incorrect link
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    FYI, I went to spreadbuntu.org and put Unity poster in the search thing, and up came your poster. It is not yet featured on the home page. You go to the "get" page and there's a search tool there.
    I tried to find it with the search tool (Ubuntu 12.04, Unity, etc.) but I cannot find it. I also do not see it on http://spreadubuntu.org/nl/translate
    I would like to translate this poster into Dutch so that we can put it on our LoCo website.
    Do we need permission for it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Hannie View Post
    I tried to find it with the search tool (Ubuntu 12.04, Unity, etc.) but I cannot find it. I also do not see it on http://spreadubuntu.org/nl/translate
    It is a bit tricky to find, especially as my link in post #82 was incorrect (I have fixed it). The correct link:
    http://spreadubuntu.org/en/material/...re/1204-poster

The latest version is available in post #75.

I would like to translate this poster into Dutch so that we can put it on our LoCo website.
    Do we need permission for it?
    Keith has kindly released this excellent poster with an open license. You are welcome to take it and translate it. Pop along to post #75 where you can find the original .odp.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks Paddy Landau

I've edited the first post on this page with the links to Paddy Landau's corrected version of the poster. I'm popping them below as well for convenience.

29th April: Corrected versions

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/2smkwf8cvui...4-poster-5.odp

https://dl.dropbox.com/sh/nemk8iz5ob...4-poster-5.pdf

The version on Spreadubuntu (has a small but annoying error - we are trying to have the file swapped). This is the link

The poster is issued under a creative commons licence, see Spreadbuntu page, and so you can translate/modify &c

If I did this again, I would actually use Writer.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
    It is a bit tricky to find, especially as my link in post #82 was incorrect (I have fixed it). The correct link:

The latest version is available in post #75.

Thank you for the link, Paddy. I downloaded the odp file from post #75

Keith has kindly released this excellent poster with an open license. You are welcome to take it and translate it. Pop along to post #75 where you can find the original .odp.
    I have already started with the translation. As a member of the Ubuntu Manual Team I also want to suggest to menstion this poster and spreadubuntu.org in the coming version (12.04) of our manual.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I have already started with the translation. As a member of the Ubuntu Manual Team I also want to suggest to menstion this poster and spreadubuntu.org in the coming version (12.04) of our manual.

Hello Hannie

It would be great to have a mention of the poster in the Ubuntu Manual.

When I compared the 10.04 version of the Ubuntu Manual with the 11.10 version, I was thinking which parts had changed and which were basically still the same and that gave me the idea for a 'quick fix' poster. Someone who knows 10.04 just needs to be able to find their way round the new navigation.
    Last edited by keithpeter; April 29th, 2012 at 04:17 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Keith, has the Spreadbuntu version been fixed yet?

I am following this up with the Ubuntu Documentation team, which was in favour of putting it onto the official Ubuntu website.

Paddy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

News: The poster may be mentioned in the second edition of the 12.04 manual.

However, the Spreadubuntu poster is still out-of-date. keithpeter — are you able to follow this up?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789