Thread: Mouse freezes/turns off

Beans

Mouse freezes/turns off

I have a laptop and I use a logitech wireless M505 mouse. The cursor on the screen will occasionally freeze and stop responding when I try to move it. This only occurs if I leave the mouse sitting still for a bit. The touchpad on my laptop still responds instantly, even when the wireless mouse is not responding.

I have a wired mouse that I tried on my laptop. It too freezes after a small amount of inactivity. However, it completely refuses to respond and the LED on the bottom of the mouse turns off. Only when I click with this mouse does it respond. h

Is there something that is putting my mouse to sleep and causing these issues?

This problem occurs in bo
    th 11.10 and 12.04 beta 2. If there is any other information that I should provide, let me know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Mouse freezes/turns off

Mine seems to do the same thing with 12.04, but only very recently. Thus far it seems to have happend when my computer went into suspend while plugged in - its very odd, as suspend has previously worked fine.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Education is what is left when you have forgotten all the facts. -Francis Bacon

Beans

Try disabling laptop-mode tools.
    vim /etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf and set
    ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE_TOOLS=0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm still having this problem, but I have found a way to 'fix it', sort of. If I uncheck "Disable touchpad while typing" in settings-Mouse and Touchpad then suspend works... but I get my typing screwed up w/ the mouse
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Education is what is left when you have forgotten all the facts. -Francis Bacon