Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Improving the NES Emulation Scene on Ubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Improving the NES Emulation Scene on Ubuntu

Heres a color one.

Good? I gotta figure out how to add a shadow in Inkscape. I also think Im gonna change it from saying "Nintendo" to "Gnome" because I think there might legal reasons. I also like the idea. Am I wrong about the legal reasons?

Ill send you the svg if you give me some contact info punkrock. I also need to send you the controller.
    Last edited by MetalMusicAddict; July 2nd, 2006 at 04:30 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318
    GuitarHero: My website is quite plain. It's my first endevour with css, my other projects were with tables (gross). I'd like to keep the website simple and not too busy, but I'm SURE there is a better way to do it than my site. Drop me a line if you would like to help me out Also, I would like set up a forum on the website. There are SO many topics going on inside this thread it's difficult to keep up with. Could you set up something like that? I wouldn't have the first idea.
    Yeah sure I'll make you a simple site. How about something 8bit themed? That way it would have to be simple, yet still have style. Forums are also easy. Just one thing, I know someone else in this topic provided you hosting(i forget who) but if you want me to use that host ill have to have the login info at some point. I can make the site and upload it first to my host for you to see though. Ill work on it later today. Ive been lookin for a web design project.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Smile Re: Improving the NES Emulation Scene on Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMusicAddict
    Heres a color one.

Good? I gotta figure out how to add a shadow in Inkscape. I also think Im gonna change it from saying "Nintendo" to "Gnome" because I think there might legal reasons. I also like the idea. Am I wrong about the legal reasons?

Ill send you the svg if you give me some contact info punkrock. I also need to send you the controller.

Oh man that looks so freaking cool... I kept a copy and spray it all over the place when I play Counter-Strike.

Great Job Metal Music Addict.... you are making this project presentation look cool. =D>

PS: You should make a wallpaper using your desing and combine it with the Ubuntu logo and the name of this project then summit it to http://www.gnome-look.org/ that way this project can start getting promotion. With black, grey or brown backgrounds

1280X1024 and 1024X768

I'm just suggesting
    Last edited by braveerudite; July 2nd, 2006 at 07:35 PM.
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (AMD64)
    Compaq Presario F756NR

Beans

Again, as usual sorry for the inconvience of so many topics in one thread, forums are on the way, I hope!

Steve: Keep me posted on the RPMs. I tried the new OpenSuSe, but I couldn't even get it to install. I would like gfceu to be available to as many people as possible. Also, new album? What do you play? And what type of music? Got any samples?

VerbalShadow: Nice clean icon! Cool!

MetalMusicAddict: I LOVE the icon! I'll mail you about details.

GuitarHero: I like the 8bit idea. Set up a sample on your webserver and give me a link when you make some progress. Can't wait to see it!

Everyone: There's a new version is on the way. Not many new features, but a lot of bugfixes and code cleanup. Nothing to get overly excited about, but if you want to check it out before the release look in the svn.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/2...glolbbq3gh.png
    My host is down so i can only upload a preview, let me know if you want it changed before i put content on it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Does anyone here know a good bit about joystick and jscalibrator?

I see them mentioned as needed to get my Gravis working but like a couple of others here I cant get the axis controls to work. Should I install xserver-xorg-input-joystick? Do I need to add lines to my Xorg?

Im using a Gravis Eliminator Aftershock on Xubuntu.

Beans

when I was having problems getting my (much) older model gravis gamepad working this worked for me.

Install joystick

Code:
    sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install joystick
    then install jscalibrator

Code:
    sudo apt-get jscalibrator
    then run the calibration processes

Code:
    jscal -c /dev/input/js0 (this is my joystick location check yours)

jstest /dev/input/js0 (or wherever)
    If I remember correctly, this should return 0 for no error.

run jscalibrator

Code:
    jscalibrator
    and it should recognize the type of gamepad correctly and recognize all of your buttons, and axis

now, fceu should recognize the directional pads.

minor troubleshooting: try a different USB port, I don’t know why, but I was suggested in the literature that got my pad working, and it worked for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hey guys, I've had one of those modded nes controllers from retrozone for about a year now, & can confirm that it works fine with (plain-vanilla) fceu. Though I remember it took me about 10 tries with fceu -inputcfg before it recognized everything correctly (as I recall, the secret was to only press a given button on the pad the FIRST time fceu prompts you for it, & press some random keyboard button during the remaining 3 prompts).

Haven't tried Gfceu yet, but it sounds like a fantastic idea! I've always thought it was a bit unfair that the windows version of fceu has a full GUI while the linux version is strictly console. The prospect of a text config file is also very appealing Perhaps a long-term goal could be to port the windows fceu GUI to GTK? (haha though I guess that's a bit ambitious this early in the game..)

Beans
    Hidden!

OK. jscal -c /dev/input/js0 worked for me. I didnt understand the prompts though. It guides you through calibrating the axis sticks and pad though I have no idea what I did.

After I ran jscalibration I noticed when the GUI comes up it looks to have the controls reversed (counter-clockwise instead of clockwise) or turned 90 degrees.

This controller has 3 sticks on it and I dont know where its assigning them.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by droazen
    Hey guys, I've had one of those modded nes controllers from retrozone for about a year now, & can confirm that it works fine with (plain-vanilla) fceu. Though I remember it took me about 10 tries with fceu -inputcfg before it recognized everything correctly (as I recall, the secret was to only press a given button on the pad the FIRST time fceu prompts you for it, & press some random keyboard button during the remaining 3 prompts).
    Nice to hear it. Im ordering 3 today.
    Haven't tried Gfceu yet, but it sounds like a fantastic idea! I've always thought it was a bit unfair that the windows version of fceu has a full GUI while the linux version is strictly console. The prospect of a text config file is also very appealing Perhaps a long-term goal could be to port the windows fceu GUI to GTK? (haha though I guess that's a bit ambitious this early in the game..)
    Some of the things that have been discussed are going to be better than what the windows GUI provides. Stay tuned, we're still sorting things out.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast