Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

Beans

Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    I don't think they did anything to fix the problem. I think is just a coincidence this problem went away with this update. It happened before.
    Correct - on a new install 'no blue' lasted for a restart or 2, now back llke before

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Lightbulb Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

Adobe Systems has Flash 10.3.183.18 available at www.Adobe.com/Products/FlashPlayer/Distribution3.html. In addition to the usual Executables and MSI's for Microsoft® Windows® 6-up and a DMG for Apple® MacOS X® on Intel-based systems, Adobe provides Red Hat® RPM's and GZip source packages for LinUX systems at the page cited (no Debian® DEB's as of 14 April 2012).

Addendum: Be advised that, as of 15 April 2012, Adobe® Labs only has Flash Player 11.3.300.214 for Microsoft® Windows® 6-up (EXE's for ActiveX and Plug-in) and Apple® MacOS X® 10.5-up (DMG).
    Last edited by bcschmerker; April 16th, 2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Correction on version number.
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Pascal and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.
    Most intel® ExpressSets™ and AMD® RS-Series are fully supported in open source.

Beans

Thanks, flash is now working here .
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by bcschmerker View Post
    Adobe Systems has Flash 11.3.183.18 available at www.Adobe.com/Products/FlashPlayer/Distribution3.html. In addition to the usual Executables and MSI's for Microsoft® Windows® 6-up and a DMG for Apple® MacOS X® on Intel-based systems, Adobe provides Red Hat® RPM's and GZip source packages for LinUX systems at the page cited (no Debian® DEB's as of 14 April 2012).
    Don't get too excited! It is 10.3.183.18, not 11.3.183.18

I have also found this morning that 11.2.202.233 only works on one of my machines, not all of them, so back to the drawing board, I'm afraid, and I'll have to stick with 11.1r102.
    Last edited by ajgreeny; April 15th, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

nVidia has released a new driver. Although it doesn't cover the flash issues, it might worth a shot:

http://www.unixmen.com/nvidia-295-40...xmint-via-ppa/
    Strange... I added that PPA and tried to update but apt told me I had the latest version. nVidia settings tool tells me I have 295.33

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Adobe Flash - The Blue People Problem

I was just curious to whether Adobe ever made a fix for the issue with Flash 11 x64 in regards to all people being blue on You-tube and flash videos in general?

Its not looking promising since they pulled support as far as am aware?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Adobe Flash - The Blue People Problem

You may want to search for other threads because I remember seeing some reports of blue people . I have never had problems with flash.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Adobe Flash - The Blue People Problem

Quote Originally Posted by terrykiwi83 View Post
    I was just curious to whether Adobe ever made a fix for the issue with Flash 11 x64 in regards to all people being blue on You-tube and flash videos in general?

Its not looking promising since they pulled support as far as am aware?
    They didn't and they won't.

The problem might be solved when when Google releases PepperFlash.

BTW, the development build of Chrome 64bit already has PepeprFlash.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; April 17th, 2012 at 01:12 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

On my Lubuntu machine. Flash works with flash aid and disabling hardware acceleration.

Beans

If you follow the tutorial, it will create the file for you. All you need is to run the command as suggested, add the line, then save it.
    It didn't create the file... don't know why.

Is not /usr/lib/bin/mozilla/plugin. Where did you get that information? The correct folder is ~/.mozilla/plugins, which is under your home directory. There is no need to mess with system files. If you enter .mozilla folder in your home and there is no plugins folder inside it, just create it and place the libflashplayer.so there.
    Didn't know that, and it wasn't explained. There was no plugins folder. I did a search and the only libflashplayer.so I found in the entire system was in the /usr/lib/bin/mozilla/plugin folder, so I assumed that was the one to replace.

It's fixed now like I said and I don't know which step did it. There still is no folder ~/.mozilla/plugins"

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast