Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

Beans

Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

I didn't read the entire thread, so I apologize if someone already posted something like this. I got tired of manually downgrading flash on every computer I use, so i wrote this script. Save it to a your computer and remove the ".txt". Make sure it's sent to run as an executable and then you can run it from a terminal by typing ./Adobe_fix. Here is the code below:

Code:
    wget http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_11.1.102.63_archive.zip
    unzip fp_11.1.102.63_archive.zip
    tar -xzvf fp_11.1.102.63_archive/11_1r102_63_32bit/flashplayer11_1r102_63_linux.i386.tar.gz -C fp_11.1.102.63_archive/
    sudo cp -f fp_11.1.102.63_archive/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Sorry if this was mentioned before, haven't read the whole thread:

If your Flash-Fullscreen display immediately returns to small size, here is a workaround:
    DOUBLE-click the fullscreen icon.
    (So it seems to be a focus problem.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Having read the thread, and deciding that I might try the 'downgrade' route as per the op, I find no mention of the need to remove earlier versions of the flashinstaller plugin nor copies of libflashplayer.so from the various locations.
    I noted that in the op, the use of FlashAid will 'remove all copies of Flash', but having clicked on the link, now find that FlashAid has been removed by its author'.
    Any thoughts or suggestions, anyone ?
    John
    It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The workaround of using the Flash version 11.1.102.63 and putting it's .so file in the .mozilla/firefox/plugins folder is not working anymore.
    It seems that firefox is blocking the use of the old version. I have a couple of old rigs that don't support sse2 (bummer).

So, is there another workaround, or some modification possible to the .so file, or an option to turn off the blocking of the old plugin within firefox?

Using 12.04 fully updated on these boxes.

Edit: Okay so it seems that if you click through the prompt to upgrade window, not the link to upgrade "most" flash video will play. Still would like a more seamless way to get this to work.
    Last edited by arpanaut; April 2nd, 2013 at 08:49 PM.
    Castles Made of Sand,
    Fall in the Sea,
    Eventually!

Beans
    Distro

I've given up trying to fix flash player on my wife's laptop running 11.04(or was it 11.10 ?!!) and decided to upgrade to 12.04LTS, the sae as mine.
    All went well till I tried the BBC site to lookat a video clip - black rectangle, or white, if I try Youtube.

I checked that a video in her home folder plays OK, so at least she'll not hit me when she finds out later !

Can't try the 1st method on the 1st post of this thread, as nothing is visible if I right click.

Tried to run apt-get install adobe-flashplugin route and got

Package adobe-flashplugin is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'adobe-flashplugin' has no installation candidate
    Does that last line mean I have not got Flash player installed ?

Getting in quite a muddle where Flash player is concerned, so I'd be grateful for some help.
    John

Beans
    Distro

Re my previous post, I've given up, backed up her home folder, installed a new 12.04 from a live disc.
    However, video clips on the BBC site still don't run, nor do youtube clips.
    Do I need to go back to an earlier version of libflashplayer.so to fix this ?
    If so, which one is recomended , and do I only have to change it for the existing one in /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer ?
    I've got shockwave flash 11.2 r202 in the Firefox Plugins, and I assume this is OK.

John

EDIT I should point out that my elderly Toshiba laptop, running the same versions, has no problems at all with videos, which makes it doubly frustrating.
    Last edited by grey1beard; May 12th, 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Try apt-get install flashplugin-installer as that seems to be how it's listed in Synaptic.

Ooops, never mind I see that you apparently already have flashplugin-installer installed.
    Last edited by bobblex; May 12th, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro

You got me excited there for a moment, bobblex, but thanks anyway !

John

EDIT I've given up,( again) and managed to get flash videos playing by using the reversion method in #1, and putting up with the warning pop-up that comes with using it.
    I needed to create a plugins folder in .mozilla, and to disable the current plugin via the firefox/tools/add-ons/plugins page.
    Last edited by grey1beard; May 14th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.

Beans
    Distro

It worked for a couple of days, then suddenly stopped this evening. A new Update Manager installed Flash 11.2.208.285 which seems to be the cause.
    I disabled that in Tools/Add-ons/plugins, and allowed the old 11.1.102.63 to continue, which it does, albeit after clicking on "Activate", as before.

John

Beans
    Distro

Hi pyutaros,
    Having lost flash player function on my wife's laptop yet again, I've just tried running your script in Terminal as suggested, but with no noticable result.
    I've looked in Tools/Add-ons, but only the 11.2.202 (disabled) is in evidence.
    Is there some final action I need to take to get 11.1.102.63 to install, or checks I need to make ?
    Regards
    John

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011