Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

Beans

Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

Still doesn't work for me. Neither Firefox nor Chrome. I downgraded to 11.1.102.63. (Checked with about:plugins)

Still lags heavily and I can't exit from full screen.

The problem occurred first on precise. I have a ATI graphics card. There was no lag and no other problems on oneirirc.

Please help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Unhappy Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmika View Post
    Still doesn't work for me. Neither Firefox nor Chrome. I downgraded to 11.1.102.63. (Checked with aboutlugins)

Still lags heavily and I can't exit from full screen....
    Looks as though ye might need Flash™ 10.3.183.18, which Adobe Systems maintains for operating systems that cannot use Flash 11.x. I still need to check on the Chrome™ OS and which company Google® contracted with for maintenance and updates thereof.

Several distros, including the now-extinct gOS® (a product of Good OS LLC), relied on Canonical® in the recent past, and I cannot rule out the possibility that Google® may have revived the GooglePC.com Website to maintain Chrome™ OS. Adobe Systems and Google Inc. are developing the Pepper™ plug-in as a LinUX-ready parallel to Flash™ Players 11.3-up in both Microsoft® Windows® 6.0.60xx, 6.1.76xx and 7.0.80xx; and Apple® Mac OS® X™ 10.7-up.
    Last edited by bcschmerker; May 10th, 2012 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Correct spelling errors.
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Pascal and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.
    Most intel® ExpressSets™ and AMD® RS-Series are fully supported in open source.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmika View Post
    Can Wine help us?

Firefox for Wine works well. The latest flash plugin installer doesn't run under wine. We do not need the flash plugin installer. We only need the flash plugin. Can we somehow extract the plugin, without using Windows?

Does the Windows flash plugin work with Windows Firefox under wine?

Tested with Firefox 32 bit. And Flash Plugin 32 bit. Those offline installers are working.
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...ugin_32bit.exe
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...ugin_64bit.exe

Fullscreen doesn't work. No complete solution.
    It works under Wine. I have used Playonlinux to install it. First install Firefox using Playonlinux "install a non-listed program" tool. To install Flash use the same tool, but select the option to "Edit or update an existing application".

Quote Originally Posted by Dlambert View Post
    Does this problem affect the Google Chrome built in flash? I though flash was dropped on Linux, and would only be released through chrome "pepper"? http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2...-on-linux.html
    PepperFlash is not implemented yet. Chrome 64bit development build already has PepperFlash, but it is unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Throne777 View Post
    I'm getting the Smurf effect in BOTH Firefox & Chrome :s
    Not consistently though. For instance, The Expendables 2 trailer was the Smurf Edition, yet the Dark Knight Rises trailer was Smurf free.
    Have you tried one of the methods suggested in the first post?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Post Re: Flash 11.2.202.228 solutions

Quote Originally Posted by bcschmerker View Post
    ...I still need to check on the Chrome™ OS and which company Google® contracted with for maintenance and updates thereof....
    Update: Adobe Systems has upgraded Flash™ Player 10 to 10.3.183.19, as of 13 May 2012. Turns out, Chrome™ OS is targeted at netbooks and smaller and won't pack many critical functions already handled by Ubuntu®.
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Pascal and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.
    Most intel® ExpressSets™ and AMD® RS-Series are fully supported in open source.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Personally, glad to see flash go. Adobe has sucked for a long time IMHO. If html5 can replace it, we are all better off.

BTW, the html5 and a restart of firefox (V12) solved the annoying smurf issue here!

Many thanks to all that contributed to this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not having Windows on your computer is like
    not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

Beans

Another 'fix' that I've found to work here is to use a patched libvdpau, it only is 'applied' when needed

ppa (you only need the libvdpau package, for some also the -dev package
    https://launchpad.net/~tikhonov/+archive/misc

referring comments
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...1/comments/104
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...1/comments/116
    As usual YMMV

Beans

I've done everything in this thread and nothing worked. I've spent the last three months trying to get any video anywhere to play with no success.

Then I stumbled across reply # 6 in this thread telling me to install Hal -

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1968972

IT WORKS

Hey you Ubuntu guys do yourselves a favor - hire Corvax and put him in charge LOL

Beans

This problem with flash has been bugging me crazy, after enjoying trouble free computing on Ubuntu 10.10 flash stopped working after an up date, I decided to upgrade to 11.10 but still could only get flash player working partially after down grading flash following the instructions at the beginning of this thread. 11.10 had gone a bit wonky after I had tried to use the windows version of Firefox and Flash using 'play on Linux'. Since my whole family totally enjoy Gnome Desk Top and asked me to "put the computer back to how it was" I found an old 10.04 disk and installed it, then downloaded Flash Player 10.3.183.19 which Adobe still maintain. I downloaded http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...0_linux.tar.gz then using flash aid 'advanced mode' 'custom path' to the location of the downloaded file then 'text' 'execute' flash was installed and working fine and we are back on our favorite DE bonus! thanks all, malc
    Extra Info
    I'm not sure if there are security issues with flash player 10.3.183.19 as it is still maintained, however I have installed a flash blocker extension in fire fox anyway. malc.
    Last edited by malcolmcdixon; June 11th, 2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Extra Info

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmcdixon View Post
    This problem with flash has been bugging me crazy, after enjoying trouble free computing on Ubuntu 10.10 flash stopped working after an up date, I decided to upgrade to 11.10 but still could only get flash player working partially after down grading flash following the instructions at the beginning of this thread. 11.10 had gone a bit wonky after I had tried to use the windows version of Firefox and Flash using 'play on Linux'. Since my whole family totally enjoy Gnome Desk Top and asked me to "put the computer back to how it was" I found an old 10.04 disk and installed it, then downloaded Flash Player 10.3.183.19 which Adobe still maintain. I downloaded http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...0_linux.tar.gz then using flash aid 'advanced mode' 'custom path' to the location of the downloaded file then 'text' 'execute' flash was installed and working fine and we are back on our favorite DE bonus! thanks all, malc
    Thanks so much, this worked for me. After trying all the others, this is the only one to work. Now I just have to be careful in using an old version of flash...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

+1 Turning off Hardware Accel worked for me. Xubuntu 11.10

------------------------------------------------------
    Many Linux problems can be solved via OSInt, the trick is to know where to look.
    The Institute for Mapping Technology offers GIS training using open source software and education on Deep Web Research

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast