Thread: Installing .NET applications in wine

Beans

Angry Installing .NET applications in wine

Hi!
    I'm trying to install scientific software in my Ubuntu 11.04 using wine 1.4-rc6. The first missage I got when trying to do so was that I had to install the windows version of mono or something like that. I installed mono for windows successfully but it didn't work. Finally I installed the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 using the command "winetricks dotnet20". It seems the problem is solved for one of the programs I had to install and I can use it without problems but I got a new error when trying to install the other program. I think I'm going crazy! I need some help.

I type:
    wine Setup.Exe
    And it says:

fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
    err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"VSDCA_VsdLaunchConditions" returned 1603
    is this error related to .NET? what can I do? the program is called MyIQ5. Tell me if I can provide you more useful details.

Thank you in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Installing .NET applications in wine

use the latest wine, 1.4rc6 is outdated, now its 1.5.1

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa

better to rename or delete your actual .wine folder and create a fresh one with 1.5.1

then follow winetricks & winehq database about .net, look at winehq forum too as some workaround are discussed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Installing .NET applications in wine

in the folder that you are running the application from .. is there a file that is similar to NAMEOFAPP.exe.config or something like that .. if so, rename it to a diff or a .bk file and try running the app again ..

its always recommended to cd into the directory and then run the command

wine APP.exe

hope it helps !!!
    Thinkpad X61
    Thinkpad R500
    Not getting any younger thinkpads:
    Thinkpad R40 - RIP