Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nerve Damage and the Use of Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Nerve Damage and the Use of Ubuntu

Thank you so much for everybody's input. I'll check these things out. I knew about most of them before and for some reason not very much work is being done on them. How are we ever going to get to computers like the ones on Star Trek where you can talk to them and do everything through voice command?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Nerve Damage and the Use of Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by demarshall;
    How are we ever going to get to computers like the ones on Star Trek where you can talk to them and do everything through voice command?
    Back in 1999 I saw a demo that appeared to be capable of doing everything that HAL could do, with two exceptions:
    • Lip Read;
    • Go "crazy";

That was the first and last time I ever saw a mention of that demo.

IBM did have a voice recognition/speech to text program for Linux. When the Windows rights were sold, either IBM agreed to not distribute a *Nix program, or else it sold the *Nix rights with the Windows rights. (I've seen claims for both propositions.)

The big stumbling block for everybody --- it literally has put the field 20+ years behind --- is patents.

A more solvable obstacle is the amount of disk space to store the data required for the speech to text transformation. What is needed is something that can hold at least as much data as a Backblaze Storage Pod, and is as inexpensively as one, but more reliable for daily data transfer of the entire pod.

jonathon
    And now I bend the knee of my heart,
    Imploring you for your kindness.

Beans

Nerve Damage and the Use of Ubuntu

i have heard about CVD crystal vapour deposition tech ,which is used for fabrication of chips,wires,and all electronic device. I want to know how these tech. can be used to improve diamond quality i.e. how to remove nitrogen vacancy from diamond?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12