Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the oddest thing you've found in a PC?

Beans

Whats the oddest thing you've found in a PC?

So.... Following a highly disturbing rattling noise emanating from one of my Desktops I took the side off my case to be met by the highly shocking scene of a shrew hanging around in my HDD caddy area fiddling with one of my case fans. Needless to say it was hastily removed!

So I wondered what other weird and wonderful things people have discovered on opening a PC?

Cheers!

Beans

Re: Whats the oddest thing you've found in a PC?

Found a lizard soaking up the warmth.

winh8r is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I once opened a tower to find all the instruction manuals and the install discs inside the case. The owner had put them there because she didn't want to lose them.
    Never found anything alive inside one though, but I have seen a few "dust monsters" that if left unattended could possibly have mutated into life forms.

Beans

a black racer snake about 3 foot
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

@winh8r - I hear you on the dust monster front - I have hair problems due to cats in the house - dust and hair monster hybrid - highly dangerous.

@haqking - is that your snake or a serpent of unknown origin?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sylos View Post
    @winh8r - I hear you on the dust monster front - I have hair problems due to cats in the house - dust and hair monster hybrid - highly dangerous.

@haqking - is that your snake or a serpent of unknown origin?
    no not my snake, it was in florida, i actually found knight anole in there too but the snake was more interesting

There were no expansion covers on the case. (not my machine, it was a small business operation out in the boonies)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    no not my snake, it was in florida, i actually found knight anole in there too but the snake was more interesting

There were no expansion covers on the case. (not my machine, it was a small business operation out in the boonies)
    Yeah I think my rodent shawshanked its way in through one of the water cooling holes (I dont liquid cool - yet).

Gonna have to block off the old water cooling holes methinks. I cant believe I have to vermin proof my damned PC! Freeloaders - get your own rig!

Had to google knight anole - quite a cool looking lizard (when its not perched on your heatsink).

Beans

Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing. We were checking a consignment of 500 desktops from Dell when one of the boxes seemed light. We opened the box and yes it contained a desktop PC. We lifted the PC from said box and found it to be very light, upon opening the case we discovered that it was just that, an empty Desktop PC case no internals what so ever.

It did however have the best power consumption stats for the entire shipment.
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sylos View Post
    Yeah I think my rodent shawshanked its way in through one of the water cooling holes (I dont liquid cool - yet).

Gonna have to block off the old water cooling holes methinks. I cant believe I have to vermin proof my damned PC! Freeloaders - get your own rig!

Had to google knight anole - quite a cool looking lizard (when its not perched on your heatsink).
    yeah they are pretty common in south florida, though an invasive.

It is quite funny when the cold winter snaps come through as they go unconscious and drop from the trees randomly...LOL

They can be vicious biters if they wanna be, but i prefer snakes overall.

Peace

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing. We were checking a consignment of 500 desktops from Dell when one of the boxes seemed light. We opened the box and yes it contained a desktop PC. We lifted the PC from said box and found it to be very light, upon opening the case we discovered that it was just that, an empty Desktop PC case no internals what so ever.

It did however have the best power consumption stats for the entire shipment.
    Is that what people mean by 'lightweight desktop environment'?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast