Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Running a web server virtually

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Beans
    112

    Re: Running a web server virtually

    Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    yes clonezilla is what i use.

    Take an image and then boot a VM to the clonezilla cd or iso and clone the image back into the VM
    Struggling with the restore part. I've got a VM ready, but Clonezilla didn't give me an ISO as I expected, and I'm not sure how to point Clonezilla or the VM at it for the restore.

    Any tips as to the next step? Google's not helping and Clonezilla itself isn't great.

    Cheers.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,807

    Re: Running a web server virtually

    Quote Originally Posted by OliverHaslam View Post
    Struggling with the restore part. I've got a VM ready, but Clonezilla didn't give me an ISO as I expected, and I'm not sure how to point Clonezilla or the VM at it for the restore.

    Any tips as to the next step? Google's not helping and Clonezilla itself isn't great.

    Cheers.
    its not supposed to give you a .iso, it will be a tar.gz file image.

    Set your VM to boot from CD (clonezilla CD) or a clonezilla CD .iso and it will boot into clonezilla like it did when you took an image.

    Then choose restore from image file to the VM virtual hard drive.
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Beans
    112

    Re: Running a web server virtually

    Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    its not supposed to give you a .iso, it will be a tar.gz file image.

    Set your VM to boot from CD (clonezilla CD) or a clonezilla CD .iso and it will boot into clonezilla like it did when you took an image.

    Then choose restore from image file to the VM virtual hard drive.
    Cheers. That's what I thought I did, but Clonezilla complains there are no mounted drives.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,807

    Re: Running a web server virtually

    Quote Originally Posted by OliverHaslam View Post
    Cheers. That's what I thought I did, but Clonezilla complains there are no mounted drives.
    well have you set up a virtual hard drive for that VM ?

    and you are booting that VM to the CD right ?
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Beans
    112

    Re: Running a web server virtually

    Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    well have you set up a virtual hard drive for that VM ?

    and you are booting that VM to the CD right ?
    Yeah, done all that. When Clonezilla asks where to pull the image from, what am I telling it? There are no drives mounted other than the one it's going to write to.

    The files I have from the clone are attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,807

    Re: Running a web server virtually

    Quote Originally Posted by OliverHaslam View Post
    Yeah, done all that. When Clonezilla asks where to pull the image from, what am I telling it? There are no drives mounted other than the one it's going to write to.

    The files I have from the clone are attached.
    I dont know, where did you put the image ?

    you need to make sure the image is accessible for restore be it on USB or wherever.
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Beans
    112

    Re: Running a web server virtually

    Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    I dont know, where did you put the image ?

    you need to make sure the image is accessible for restore be it on USB or wherever.
    It's on a local drive. I've set it as shared in VirtualBox but I assume that's not it?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,807

    Re: Running a web server virtually

    Quote Originally Posted by OliverHaslam View Post
    It's on a local drive. I've set it as shared in VirtualBox but I assume that's not it?
    that wont be any good as shared folders is something you access via the guest OS which you dont have yet.

    Stick it on a drive you can access in VB such as a USB drive which is easiest
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Beans
    112

    Re: Running a web server virtually

    This is as far as I get. (attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Beans
    112

    Re: Running a web server virtually

    Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    that wont be any good as shared folders is something you access via the guest OS which you dont have yet.

    Stick it on a drive you can access in VB such as a USB drive which is easiest
    Argh, I don't have a spare

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •