Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can i get my ip back on windows.

Beans

Re: How can i get my ip back on windows.

Thread moved to "Other OS/Distro Talk" forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Windows 7
    Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network and Sharing - Change Adapter Settings - Local Area Connection - Properties - Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4).

IP address - 87.120....
    Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0 (depending upon your own network configuration)
    Default gateway - routers ip address

Preferred DNS server - router or other DNS server

I have no idea what kind of network your running so your going to have to fill in the blanks. Also the Linux and Windows machine cannot have the same ip if they will both be on at the same time.
    Last edited by bubylou; March 31st, 2012 at 08:42 PM.

Beans

I want only to have internet on the windows , thank you for the information , they i don't know but i want only to download some musics and to talk in skype with friends , i rarely will get on windows , i am always in linux because my cs server is on it. i want only to download music then i agreed to not have network (internet) .

With one word the ip can't be on linux and windows ?? as was in the first 4 months when i installed linux ?

If the ip can't be one in linux and windows , can i made another IP in windows and have internet ??

in cmd inconfig/renew , if i write it what will going to do , everything will be that i want ??

Thanks. And pls post a new reply in the thread , thank you again

Beans
    Distro

If you have two separate computers connected at the same time with one running Linux and the other running Windows, the IP addresses cannot be the same; they can be in the same neighborhood, for example 87.120.xx.3 and 87.120.xx.4.

If you are dual-booting one computer and sometimes you run Windows and other times you reboot into Linux, you can have the same address.

If you are connected directly to a DSL or cable modem, with only one ethernet port, the modem can't be connected to more than one computer at a time anyway, so it won't matter. Looking at your IP address, 87.120.xx.yy, I suspect that's the case.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Look , if i write in windows ipconfig/renew , do we give me a new ip on windows and the internet will be working well ?? About the linux nothing wrong wouldn't going to happend? I mean if i write it in cmd ipconfig/renew do we give me a new ip but the Linux will be hurt ? I mean the ip will change or something else or nothing or the linux will be normally with this ip that i am at the moment ?

With one word if i write in the cmd ipconfig/renew the system or what is there do he give me a new ip and do i will have internet , and if yes , the linux will something happend or nothing , the ip will still been 87.120.... or ?

Pls tell

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by beceraful View Post
    Look , if i write in windows ipconfig/renew , do we give me a new ip on windows and the internet will be working well ?? About the linux nothing wrong wouldn't going to happend? I mean if i write it in cmd ipconfig/renew do we give me a new ip but the Linux will be hurt ? I mean the ip will change or something else or nothing or the linux will be normally with this ip that i am at the moment ?

With one word if i write in the cmd ipconfig/renew the system or what is there do he give me a new ip and do i will have internet , and if yes , the linux will something happend or nothing , the ip will still been 87.120.... or ?

Pls tell
    changing your IP in Windows has nothing to do with Linux unless both are running at the same time.

Also the address 87.120.x.x i am guessing is a ISP assigned address and not a LAN address so you dont have much control over it.

As already mentioned your questions seemed to be windows related and would be better i a windows forum.
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

ok thanks by the way

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    changing your IP in Windows has nothing to do with Linux unless both are running at the same time.

Also the address 87.120.x.x i am guessing is a ISP assigned address and not a LAN address so you dont have much control over it.

As already mentioned your questions seemed to be windows related and would be better i a windows forum.
    This, pretty much.

I would reset your modem/whatever and/or contact your ISP to make sure everything is good if the modem reset doesn't work.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro

If you could explain how exactly you are connecting to the internet and tell us how your network is setup it would be much easier to help your solve your problem. Like haqking said if your having a windows issue then its would be better served in a windows forum or try Google.

Beans

I only wanted on windows to have network , 1 person told me this thing , Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig/renew , but he didn't tell me more , i know only that if i write this in the black console it will give me IP and i will have internet , but i don't know is that true,
    or should do more things to do this thing and have Internet. He told me that linux's ip (REAL IP) won't be changed or somethink else , no problems with 1 word , but i don't know is this true.
    Pls tell if that is true and what more i have to do to have network on windows. I want to have network on windows 1-2 days max.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast