Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diablo III Lag

Beans

Question Diablo III Lag

Hello, I have terrible lag in diablo 3 and it causes certain spots to be unplayable. I have tried The Latency Fix, and ran TCP Optimizer.

I have a Phenom II x6 1055T @3.8GHZ, Nvidia GTX 560Ti, and 16Gigs of Ram.

My connection is a 3MB/sec 3G modem (I know it sucks). If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it! I refuse to reduce the graphics settings because my system should be able to run them no problem. Thank you! -Dlambert
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans

Re: Help with Diablo III Lag!

Update: Windows 7 Home Premium.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Hidden!

Haven't had any issues with D3 in Windows but I recall under Linux that setting the affinity of only one or two cores to be used by D3 rather than all of them can help...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    Haven't had any issues with D3 in Windows but I recall under Linux that setting the affinity of only one or two cores to be used by D3 rather than all of them can help...

How would you do this? And I am using WINDOWS because some people have been banned for using WINE

Beans

Post Re: Diablo III Lag

One hour and 3 levels later it's safe to say I fixed my lag! It's gonna sound stupid but I used a pan lid then covered it in tin foil then taped my 3g modem to it and ran a usb cable to the window. My speed has tripled! Thank you Not Found for responding! If anyone wants to see pictures I will upload them!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Diablo III Lag

Hello ppl,
    I have 260msec latency. I use playonlinux for diablo III.
    thank you.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eGelor View Post
    Hello ppl,
    I have 260msec latency. I use playonlinux for diablo III.
    thank you.
    Are you asking something? Be careful people have been banned for running Diablo 3 in WINE

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I read the new topics and says 30.000 ppl run diablo via wine.
    THere are a few problems thet said. I got no problem yet. but first i want to ask why? and second how to fix my latence today is at 206msec.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eGelor View Post
    I read the new topics and says 30.000 ppl run diablo via wine.
    THere are a few problems thet said. I got no problem yet. but first i want to ask why? and second how to fix my latence today is at 206msec.
    WINE is not indented/accepted by blizzard. You are considered cheating. And I honestly don't know about your Latency. Maybe try allocating cpu cores like Not Found said? I don't know how to do that. And my latency is about 200+ but it's green and runs fine

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Dlambert View Post
    WINE is not indented/accepted by blizzard. You are considered cheating. And I honestly don't know about your Latency. Maybe try allocating cpu cores like Not Found said? I don't know how to do that. And my latency is about 200+ but it's green and runs fine
    Yes mine its green too, but the other players moves faster than me.
    i'm always back. Thank you very much for your quick replay, i try to fix and post back. My cpu is stack at 90% both. Maybe that's the problem. Everything is reduced to low graphics sound gameplay all.
    Again thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast