Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

Beans

Re: GOG Got A Makeover

Bad news, guys. The Add Linux versions of games entry on the GOG Community Wishlist was trailing first place for a while but has since slowed down and has now slipped into third place again unfortunately, despite my efforts to spread it amongst the Linux community via relevant Facebook pages and forums. The good news is that it is still way (and I mean waaaaay) ahead of fourth place. Hopefully we can bring it back into second and eventually first place!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I did what I could and voted.

Beans

Good news, guys! It's taken a while, but the Add Linux versions of games request on the GOG Community Wishlist has surpassed 3,000 votes! This entry is still in third place by a decent amount but unfortunately behind second place by a similar amount. Get to voting and make it first!

Beans

Got some minor feedback regarding games for Linux on GOG and the stance right now is that it would be too much work according to their marketing guy. I wonder what it is that makes Desura so different from GOG that the former can sell Linux versions and the latter cannot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

Do bear in mind that a lot of the Linux games on Desura are open source and free. If they only had commercial games available, there'd be a lot fewer selections available...

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    Do bear in mind that a lot of the Linux games on Desura are open source and free. If they only had commercial games available, there'd be a lot fewer selections available...
    GOG does offer free games although I am not sure if they offer any open source games. Still, I believe that Desura and GOG have a lot in common.

Beans

I updated the first post with some images which better explain what GOG is all about as well as how GOG is indeed the closest to Linux in terms of ideals.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If they made a linux version of both Lands of Lore I would buy them in a heart beat.
    Motherboard: MSI 890GXM-G65
    Videocard: Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Ram: 2x 4GB DDR3-1333 Single
    Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T Tray

Beans

Beans

shmerl, a user on GOG, posted this thread in response to me posting a link to this piece on the page that the request for adding Linux games to GOG is on. GOG responded...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast