Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

Beans

Re: Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

Quote Originally Posted by Zeven View Post
    The source.

I love how he justifies not supporting Linux in one way by saying he wouldn't support Windows that way either, despite the two being fundamentally different.
    It doesn't make sense. They want support one version of Unix as Mac OS X, but they don't want support one distribution of Linux for example Ubuntu.

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

I just added my suggestion for that, pointing out that the Humble Bundles support more than one distro even though they recently have been concentrating on Ubuntu, and if they Bundles can do it, so can GOG,com. I added that I have purchased a lot of games (more than I care to admit!) from them, and play most of them with wine, PlayOnLinux, or Crossover.

A decent-enough argument, if I do say so myself.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Added Linux as a suggestion thanks for the tip Zeven

Beans

Many thanks, you guys! The sooner these stubborn nincompoops change their stance on Linux, the sooner I'll spend money in their store again! Regarding your argument, oldrocker99, I do hope that they don't think that since you can play their games in Linux anyway, that they don't have to put any effort into getting the native clients!

Beans

It finally happened once again. The request to start selling Linux versions of games on GOG used to be second, then third, then fourth, then fifth, then went back into fourth, but has now, after a long time of securing fourth, fallen back into fifth place. With Steam bringing great attention in terms of gaming to Linux, we shouldn't forget that Steam is not the only platform that sells computer games, and that there are more potential supporters out there.

GOG, being an online computer game retailer that firmly believes in selling games without Digital Rights Management (DRM) and without regional pricing (1€ ≠ 1$), among other things, would in my opinion make a great addition to gaming on Linux and should thus be flooded with votes to make their resistance ever more futile. Please make it so.

Here are all the requests on GOG pertaining to Linux. I suggest you read each title individually to make informed choices as some do suggest the use of Wine.

Beans

This request has now surpassed 10 000 votes! Good job, Linux community, and keep it up!

Beans
    Hidden!

I sure hope these are actual GOG users and not people with multiple accounts. This would take a lot of credibility from the votebox. I voted btw.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by R33D3M33R View Post
    I sure hope these are actual GOG users and not people with multiple accounts. This would take a lot of credibility from the votebox. I voted btw.
    The amount of Reddit users subscribed to r/Linux_Gaming is higher than the amount of votes that request has, so I doubt it that multiple accounts are in use!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    While The Witcher 3 intends to make the best out each new console's content ownership policies, Iwiński hopes players will remain cognizant of the game's full breadth of supported platforms. "There's one important comment I'd like to make. When we announced [The Witcher 3] at the Microsoft conference, we saw a lot of comments on the internet. 'Hey, you should not release the game on Xbox One.' I think, really, that's not fair to a lot of gamers who choose Xbox One as a platform. We strongly believe in the freedom of choice, and not releasing the game on any of the platforms would be a disadvantage.
    The above is only an excerpt. Here's the source.

I find that quote to be pretty amusing when considering what this thread is trying to achieve and what GOG is all about with regard to DRM.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast