Quote Originally Posted by Glencore View Post
    Voted
    Quote Originally Posted by jrog View Post
    Added my vote!
    Quote Originally Posted by contributor View Post
    Going to vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    Just added my vote. It's closing in on 6000 votes. =D>
    Thanks, you guys! Very kind of you. The more people we get to vote, the more reason GOG will have to finally cave in and support Linux as well.

Beans

Re: Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell

Though I don't have anything to do with gaming, I figured I might as well take vote number 5861.
    AMD Athlon II x4 640 - ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 - 12GB RAM - XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB w/21.5" Monitor - Assorted HDDs - Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120Gb SSD - [ArchLinux - Windows 7 - Mac OS X 10.6.8]
    If all else fails, read the instructions.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by catlover2 View Post
    Though I don't have anything to do with gaming, I figured I might as well take vote number 5861.
    Thank you very much! More gaming support will benefit Linux as a whole later on as well. I am glad you could see that far!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GOG
    Come watch CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event

CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event: 18 October 2012 at 18:00 GMT

New Games, New OSes, Cyberpunk® Announcements, and Something Special for Witcher 2 Modders--and more!--will all be announced at this live webcast Special Event.

The developers of The Witcher franchise CD Projekt RED studio and GOG.com the DRM-free, digital distribution platform will host a Special Event on the 18th of October at 18:00 (GMT). The whole event will be streamed online on facebook.com/thewitcher or www.gog.com.

During the conference the developer studio will announce the official name of their futuristic new IP, based on the classic pen & paper RPG Cyberpunk®. More exclusive details about the project will be shown.

Not only console and PC users should tune in for the conference. Mac Computer users should be prepared for a bunch of thrilling announcements including more information about the upcoming release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for OS X.

Speaking of new operating systems, GOG.com will also be announcing that it is bringing the best PC games from throughout history to a new operating system.
    That’s not all of the news that GOG.com has planned for the Special Event, however: they will also be showcasing several new releases as well as giving gamers a unique chance to get some of the greatest classic games ever made for a literally unbeatable price.

Remember – the live stream from the CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event starts October 18th, 18:00 (GMT). See you then!
    Source.

So Mac OS support is definitely coming it seems, but what's this? There's a another new operating system GOG is planning to support? Judging from the thread, the new operating system will likely be Windows 8, but many are still hoping that it will actually be Linux. GOG is known to support Windows, so supporting a new version of Windows wouldn't really be that big in terms of news, but then again, stating official support is necessary too I suppose. Still, Linux is moving up in the gaming world judging from all the Humble Bundles, Kickstarters, general indie attention, along with Valve and Steam support, while Windows 8 is getting a lot of flak. With GOG taking on more and more indie games, are they realizing that they are losing some sales due to people buying games from sources that offer games for all three major platforms?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zeven View Post
    Source.

So Mac OS support is definitely coming it seems, but what's this? There's a another new operating system GOG is planning to support? Judging from the thread, the new operating system will likely be Windows 8, but many are still hoping that it will actually be Linux. GOG is known to support Windows, so supporting a new version of Windows wouldn't really be that big in terms of news, but then again, stating official support is necessary too I suppose. Still, Linux is moving up in the gaming world judging from all the Humble Bundles, Kickstarters, general indie attention, along with Valve and Steam support, while Windows 8 is getting a lot of flak. With GOG taking on more and more indie games, are they realizing that they are losing some sales due to people buying games from sources that offer games for all three major platforms?
    Will try not to get my hopes up, but it does seem strange that they'll announce Win 8 as a "new" operating system, if you get what I mean.

Maybe an even better October for linux gaming =)

Beans

Voted.
    I'm pretty astounded at how many votes this is getting. Power to the people!

Beans

Would be nice too have more top name games on Linux ^^ Haven't voted though, wouldn't spend the money on them when released. Would be rather mean of me to vote then not pay for the games after they have spent time and money porting

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyFeet View Post
    Will try not to get my hopes up, but it does seem strange that they'll announce Win 8 as a "new" operating system, if you get what I mean.

Maybe an even better October for linux gaming =)
    I concur, I have been trying not to get my hopes up either as GOG has given a very disappointing answer once before already, but it is hard not to get excited, especially when you see that Linux users are actively voting and Mac OS and Windows 8 fans are rather lackluster in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belopius View Post
    Voted.
    I'm pretty astounded at how many votes this is getting. Power to the people!
    I am actually a tad underwhelmed! I know that the Linux community is a knowledgeable, well connected one, but if there are millions of us, why are we still at only an approximate 6 000 votes? Pass this request on, people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sableyes View Post
    Would be nice too have more top name games on Linux ^^ Haven't voted though, wouldn't spend the money on them when released. Would be rather mean of me to vote then not pay for the games after they have spent time and money porting
    Very nice indeed, but I do hope you don't mean to say that you pirate games!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zeven View Post
    Very nice indeed, but I do hope you don't mean to say that you pirate games!
    Just dont have time for them anymore Missus has bought all but 1 humble bundle scince they started and I haven't played a single game from them yet

Last game I played was.... Machinarium or Penumbra.... Long time ago!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast